New Content

Started by Howlando, February 18, 2014, 12:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

The new area is absolutely gorgeous and I sincerely hope there's some long term plans for it. It seems a shame to use it exclusively for NPCs!

Edit: To be more specific, perhaps a rentable building for less savory PCs (a low carb alternative to Lower, to those who have the guile to do crime yet not immediately get exiled?,) maybe some hiding spots, a sprinkling of quests, and perhaps a transition to the Workmill area would be what I'd like to see added. The latter is what I'd like to see most, as the area is a bit of a dead end right now and there's little reason for people to go through aside from simply checking it out. Having it serve as a thorough-fare might be cool and lead to more traffic.

Of course, this may spread PCs out a bit more than usual over Sanctuary, which may be undesirable, so I dunno. It definitely conveys the feeling of an underground city perhaps the most effectively out of what I've seen from the module so far.

WeAllGonnaDie

Mathamune

I love new things!!!!

Lira

Agreed in every particular. It's the aesthetic I pictured when EFU was first pitched to me, and it's just perfect. Using that space for content that could flesh out how the average Sanctuarian lives through dialogue, quests, placeables and so on would be great.

Knight Of Pentacles

Very beautiful.  So I smell the next scumlord area?

Howlando

I do intend on adding some content, but from a design perspective I hate to spread out the playerbase too much.

Siren

Love it! It's precisely what I felt Sanctuary needed, and what I tried to ask for with that long-winded thread I made a while ago.

I've been trying to pay more attention to little details inside Sanctuary aswell and must say I drew conclusions too early that were very unfair towards the area's design. I love how the flats in Upper are all named in honour of things long lost. "Sunset flats", "Niceview flats", "Bright sea flats", "Happy forest flats", they all brought a little mischievious smile to my face. Also noticed the grafitti/carvings near Starag's rest, discovered interesting spots like Spellbeggar's lane and I have to admit that I hadn't been observant enough.

As a side-note, I recently sailed (really nice script!) to that Kuo-toan city and it was drop-dead gorgeous, very pretty and immersive. I feel there's so many beautiful things that are easy to go unnoticed, so it's motivated me to create a slightly stealth-based alt that'll hopefully put me out there more. The character's background is actually solid already, being a sibling to a character I used to roleplay that I was very fond of; basically, this character's background has room for a group/faction (self-sufficient, with little to no DM involvement required), that will mostly target other new players/PCs, but hopefully more seasoned members of the community aswell that just want to enjoy what's out there more without having to call it a "patrol". I'll make a thread soon, once my character has raised enough starting money to pay you sellswords out there!

For anyone who might know me, I'm still very commited to my main character, but after repeated failed attempts at solo exploration, I've realised my spellsword isn't very mechanically-inclined for that sort of thing and I don't want to miss out on seeing certain areas.

Anyway, sorry for the shameless self-advertising and going a little off-topic, but hey, if players like me break their self-imposed no-alt rules just to see content in the server, perhaps that'll give a boost to the DM team's ego to make them motivated to make even more areas for us! (yeah, I never write anything without second intentions =P)

Howlando

Some notes on recent changes as of v453:

- All characters should now receive an extra EFUSS skill-point on leveling up
- There's really a lot of new exploration areas and ambient things scattered around
- There is some new & experimental druid content originally designed by SC made available (to be expanded eventually). Druid PCs let me know if it's working properly.
- Some quests tweaked (i.e. Mundigo's Amusement Park is less crazy with the mirrors)
- More rentable rooms at the House of Heroes
- Hidden things

Howlando

Another medium sized update, featuring more tweaks (Mundigo's Amusement Park less annoying with the mirrors) and some other things.

Howlando

v492:

- A few minor additions to worm pits to aid with new player experimentation (cooking, fishing)
- New ambient loot
- Improved documentation in start area
- A new quest (available in the House of Governance for clerks, Prefects, Directors... the quest is easy and largely unrestricted. The idea is that it is simpler, light-hearted quest that you can quickly take a new character/player on or send them on. As the description on the NPC says, do not spam this quest or do it more than once solo. It is a tool to help you do your job to welcome new characters to EFU, it is not intended to be a slow way to get to level 10.)
- Work continues on a big project...

Ladocicea

Feel like I'm missing out.

Howlando

v499:

I have added a new, optional starting portal (no not the Goblogue).

This starting portal is suitable for druids, wildlings, and any non-monster who doesn't want to ever actually be able to enter into Sanctuary. It likely needs some tweaking so I'd appreciate it if PCs would test it out in the next day or so and let me know what refinement is needed.

Also, the area it leads to is pretty difficult to get to for non-druids at the moment, but that may change as a result of plots.

efuincarnate

I weep for the poor goblins of fort Iron Dread XXX..they will never know safety now...

Howlando

v4_661:

I had some time today and was in the mood so I guess I worked on the module a bit.

- 1 new low level quest oriented towards the optional "Wildling" prologue start
- 1 new low/mid-range quest that is somewhat hidden that might be a bit too deadly (muahaha)
- New ambient loot
- Animatron Parts can now be turned in for a reduced reward by higher level PCs
- Alternative NPC(s) for selling meat/skins for those who don't enter Sanctuary (Hardcore Wildling Prologue PCs only)
- Various other tweaks, bug fixes, cosmetic improvements, and enhancements

Howlando

v4_697:

As we celebrate one year of EFU:R, we're glad to announce that a lot of new content has been built (and much more is on its way).

Some new things include:

- A new summoning theme (Law).
- A new system for PCs with animal empathy to 'rescue' certain animals, bring them to a certain NPC, and receive special rewards for doing so (thank you Paha for scripting work with this!)
- A new system for Animal Companions in which Druid and Ranger PCs can train animals (there is an XP cost for training them - but no XP loss if they die) and keep them as a permanent companion. Certain stronger animals require higher levels in order to be trained properly, and as the system is tested rare potentially-trainable animals/beasts will be introduced to the module. Note that PC rangers/druids will no longer start with a companion but must find one to train/befriend. (Thanks to Talir for the scripting work!)
- New elaborate hidden area with complex associated puzzles has been fully implemented (Thanks to retired DM SC for the original design!)
- Other sections of the Underdark have been expanded upon
- New theme(s) for random exploreables

Some of what I mentioned here may still require some further development, tweaking, and bug testing. Other content (such as new quests, EFU-unique subraces and prestige classes....) is coming down the pipe.