Shrouded Isles Syndicate Library - Behind the Door - No "Permssion" to sleep in bed

Started by ScruffyMcSmirkalot, October 26, 2009, 06:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScruffyMcSmirkalot

Yeah... pretty sure at least this is a bug... everwhere surrounding the little fold-out bed thing says "You can't rest here."... but if you move right next to the bed, it says "You don't have permission to rest here."

Anyone mind fixing this so it can be used? >,>

Box

You can rest there if someone wands you as part of the archeological society. Fun fact!

Though this could use a changing probably since that faction no longer exists and stuff.

ScruffyMcSmirkalot

Well, I find that limitation sort of odd is all, since If I went into any other guildhouse or faction area, and I wasn't part of their banner, I could sleep at their place ;) But yeah. Just thought i'd point it out.

Stormbringer

Yeah, we might need some help with this. No one can sleep there currently. And there is no member of the Archeological society.

SB

Box

This was before the banner system so you need a DM to wand you into the scripted faction, FYI. Until someone gets around to changing it just ask a DM to wand you.

And really it was something that was just overlooked Because the nerd faction was sort of dying until landor rolled around!

ScruffyMcSmirkalot

Still persists... and actually, to be honest, the neither the guildhouses or castle blackhearth do a check for banner before allowing one to rest...

So that's why I find this peculiar as well.

Box

It was like that because it used to be a 'dm faction area', and so only they were allowed to rest there, since back then the DM team was kind of picky about 'free resting'. The DM faction revolving around the library has long since died and been replaced by a player faction. So its not really peculiar so much as something that got overlooked as time went by.

If you want to rest -now- just ask a DM to wand you as part of the archeological society, until someone gets around to changing this, IMO.