Item disappeared

Started by Master of Puppets, September 11, 2013, 06:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master of Puppets

Not sure if this is a bug or what...talked to a DM IG but somehow I feel it should be reported as a bug.

Had a full pack I guess, went to unequip my shield and hammer and since there wasn't enough room for my hammer it just vanished.

Is it suppose to drop on the floor? Or is this just very bad luck on my part?

[SIGHS]

Ebok

If your pack is full when you unequip something you will hear a ping noise and the item will fall on the ground. If it doesn't, first check to see if your pack weight has changed. It is possible that you might have just missed your hammer somewhere in your pack. However, if the item seemed to vanish from existence, it would be due to one of the following reasons:

The Item was dropped inside another placeable or was somehow lost into the floor. You may have been running at the time, and if everyone leaves an area that your item dropped in, then the cleaning script may have deleted it. If it was neither of these things, and you are certain it is not within your pack, then it might be an extremely rare bug ( I say this because I've never heard of item destruction occurring in /this/ way ) which could only be attributed to an issue within the hardcode of NwN.

This would not be a bug unless you could repeat the effects, such as any item you place on the floor vanishing inside it. You should include in a bug report like this, for future reference, the character name, the item name, the map name and the location it was lost. What you were doing at the time might also be relevant to making sense of the occurrence.

Still, I do not suspect this is something the DM team can correct.