Make this happen.

Started by Champion_of_brandobaris, June 22, 2009, 02:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Champion_of_brandobaris

Three-Faced Sun Heresy
 Heretics of the Three-Faced Sun believe that the sun is a tripartite overdeity,    with aspects of dawn, highsun (solar noon), and dusk. Like a spinning prism    viewed from the side, believers in this heresy teach that only two of the three    aspects can be "seen" at any time. (There are said to be brief instants    in deific time when only one aspect is manifest.)

According to this heresy, during the Age of Netheril, Amaunator ruled as the    aspect of highsun, while Jergal (then the Netherese deity of death) held the    portfolio of dusk. After Amaunator faded away, Lathander appeared as the aspect    of dawn, and Myrkul inherited the aspect of dusk. The Time of Troubles marked    the fall of Myrkul and Lathander's brief moment of unchallenged dominance.

Now,    believers in the Three-Faced Sun are heralding the rise of Amaunator. Some believers    in this heresy suggest that Lathander will become the new aspect of highsun    and another will take his place as the aspect of dawn, while others herald the    rise of a new deity who is the aspect of highsun.

Risen Sun Heresy

Three Faced Sun Heresy.

DO IT

Shade

Has been done really early in the EFU:A. Would enjoy seeing them again. A link to info on Amounator:

http://www.escapefromunderdark.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21620

Skrillix

Evict those Tyrran squatters!

The Crimson Magician

The Beggar

Not currently dogma in EfU setting, but I believe in the newer canon books Lathander has taken on the name of Amaunator and claimed not only dawn and rebirth, but the entire sun portfolio.

Again, interesting info only. Not currently dogma in EfU according to the information I have on the forum pages as a player.

Champion_of_brandobaris

I was referring to the Three Faced Sun Heresy.

Not the Risen.

The Amaunatori that were here were the Risen Sun (Which is correct in 4e, but still considered a heresy by the lathanderites)