Started by lovethesuit, July 10, 2009, 07:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovethesuit

[SIZE="4"]

What could they be making?

What could it possibly be?

I get the feeling...

That it probably is...

A SCREENSHOT THREAD! OMG OMG OMG THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE WHEE WHEE WHEE IM WALKIN ON SUNSHINE

It's my favourite kind too, Luca. Yes, this is about Luca Shepherd, the character that finally won DeputyCool's respect (which I later killed again by creating Bunk).

Luca Shepherd was eh pretty cool guy. He fought unarmed and doesn't afraid of anything.

Well, okay, he was afraid of a lot of things. He was the coward of the Colony! But he had a very good reason to be: As a worshipper of Eldath, and a pacifist by nature. He never used PvP to solve his problems. Mind you, he never really solved any problems anyways.

Sure, he did his job, but I always felt there was something lacking to him. Mechanically, he was a little frail:

He fought without weapons. Many would consider this a handicap. My original plan, however, was to make use of Improved Disarm, which when used unarmed puts the weapon right into your inventory. A good skill for an enforcer of the peace, yeah?

Mind you, he had some help. A sweet pair of gloves, which RwG lovingly crafted to boost my damage and cripple my already low Dexterity to negative modifiers.

And that's not to say he -never- picked up a weapon.

I just...can't...find a screenshot of him holding one that hasn't already been posted. So, let's move on to his various accomplishments! Don't worry- it's a short list.

Here's something interesting: Did you know Luca was not actually a Human, but a Doppelganger?

No, that's a lie. He was actually a God.

As you can see, Luca knew some of the right people. Armsmen, Retainers, Stygians, Courtiers. He knew people, and people knew him. Even being a pacifist as he was, people believed in him. Ha, shows what they know. But even Rubies knew him.

And showered him with delicious loots! What a sweet, sweet thing. After my last character, it was so nice to be able to get along with Rawlins-

Wait! What the-

Dude. And I didn't even do anything! (That you know of.) Okay, whatever. Let's get back to his lifetime achievements.

I don't even wanna know.

(Incidentally, he's asking about a DEPUTY helmet. Honest to god.)

Luca did his duty like any Knight. He especially cared about his Deputies. He didn't like to use them to do his job for him; he just wanted to give people a chance to shine on their own.

In his time, Luca saw many amazing things. A Nightriser on a flaming horse...

...that turned into a dude.

The defeat of Dakarai Nangwaya at the hands of a terrible thunder lizard.

Here, Luca bears witness to the separation of the sending guy's torso from his lower body. But you may be asking yourself, what was Luca's ultimate goal? Why did Luca stick out his neck for Stargazers and swear his life to protect a place that wasn't his home?

He just wanted us all to get along. Right up until the end, on the day of the eclipse when he died in the first wave of Nightrisers.

And thus ends Luca Shepherd. Let me just repeat that a few more times because I can count on my ass the number of times people got it right.

SHEPHERD

He earned many titles in his life: Armsman, Courtier, Knight, Coward.

n00b

[/SIZE]

Dr Dragon

DarkLord_Approved

You always have hilarious, amusing, interesting characters. I wish I was as creative as you are, LTS.

Caster13

You always have hilarious, amusing, interesting characters. I wish I was as creative as you are, LTS.

Oskar Maxon

Thomas_Not_very_wise

MORACHI, KHAZZED, NEEDS, TOY, SWORD

Equinox

LTS, you are my number one.

Listen in Silence

. . . I don't get it. . .

Behemoth

LIS, you don't get anything. Luca was silly to me, but an awesome character... how did you not live through the first round!? I had a lv3 that lived through to the fifth round. (and I stole your spot >.>).

Equinox

probably cause he wasn't cowering at the back >_>

Pup

I'd suggest medication, but I love your creativity too damn much for that.

<3
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Winston Martin

It was nice to see a genuine good guy in a position of authority on the colony :)

Egon the Monkey

I would like to take credit for selling Shepherd his Awesome Suit of Shiny Colourful Armor :P.

Hats off to you for that PC LTS. I remember doing an Unarmed Assault of the Snakes quest with him, my monk/rogue and Eq's monk and loving it, among many other great moments.

Impressed.

Garem

Lux Lucis

Very nice LTS! Luca was a very interesting character to interact with. And by looking at the screen shots, I can tell he was one very unique and entertaining individual as well.

Nice job.