>:|

Started by Snoteye, September 06, 2009, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoteye

A short while ago I asked myself why I came here. Then I knew I had to go. I don't know when I'll be back and in what capacity, but I don't plan on this being permanent. Until my prospective return, someone else will cover for me -- and that is also partly the reason for this announcement: I will not act on any PM received after this post.

It has been a great few years and I wish all of you, players and DMs alike, good fortune at least until we meet again.

[SIZE="1"](And for good measure, no, that smiley is not me being angry).[/SIZE]

Snoteye

As some of you know by now, yes, I am back indeed.

This post serves two purposes: 1) to inform you of the above, and 2) to formalize my expectations of the playerbase.

I am not returning because I suddenly had a grand idea. In fact, I have no plans of any more grand ideas whatsoever. As things are looking now, you have seen the last Snoteye Acronym™. This is not your fault, in case any of you are wondering, I simply have a todo list twice the length of my life expectancy. On the whole, I expect my toolset time to be a minimum, and I may well shy away even from minor bugs and trivial suggestions. Any extended activity on my part is me not doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

I am not returning because I have found renewed interest in the server. I have, as a matter of fact, found renewed interest in the server, because from what I've been able to read so far it appears my colleagues have been hard at work (and it's looking half-decent!), but I had already made this decision before learning of that. I am no longer able to invest myself enough as to be active in game in any real capacity. This extends to the ovarall setting lore as well -- I cannot help you with questions about EfU:A because chances are I won't know (where to find) the answers.

I am returning because I like this corner of the Internet and I have missed you all (not you, Dan). I intend to pick up where I left off, with the exceptions listed above, meaning forum and IRC trolling maintenance. I will be ninja'ing up your inane forum requests, emptying your character vaults except for that one character I am sure must remain simply to make my job harder, and subtly pointing out my general superiority every chance I get. Essentially, I am making official the function I served up until my leaving some four months ago. I am not going to intere with established practices, though, so just keep using The Forum like Scotty asked you to. The world won't fall apart if you PM me instead, I will treat those as I always have, but for posterity's sake the forum is more practical. If you are going to PM me, to those of you for whom it is an option I vastly prefer IRC PMs. I also promise I will never go AWOL unless I die or aliens kidnap me.

Now, if you have unfulfilled requests in above mentioned forum, bump them and give me a week to get back in the saddle. Then bump again as necessary. If for some reason you believe you have another issue that is deserving of my attention I graciously permit you to address me in person as well. But bring cookies.

It is good to be back.

DangerousDan

Daemonic Daz

Cold, twisted humor is just what EFU needs.

Welcome home!