Nikolai "Niko" Dhaminar, Windrider and Guardian of the Stewards

Started by UnholyWon, January 31, 2010, 08:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnholyWon

Guardian of the Stewards of the Ark and Windrider of Shaundakul Nikolai "Niko" Dhaminar is sadly no more.

A bit of History, Niko grew up in the Cormyr Kingdom outside the town of Tyrluk in a small farming village. Niko had a mother and father, his father was a hunter, tracker, and scout of the wilds and devote follower of Shaundakul. Niko also had 2 brothers and 3 sisters, a rather large family, he was the 2nd oldest.

Niko fought in the Goblin Wars briefly, as the town of Tyrluk was sacked and everyone retreated to Eveningstar. Niko became seperated from his family, but made it to Eveningstar where the war followed him. Niko was almost slain if not for the unusual compassion of a goblin warrior. The goblin warrior did take Niko's eye in their fight, but decided not to kill the warrior. Instead the goblin warrior hid Niko away, and knocking him unconcious. Niko was later taken as a slave.

A few nights later a team of scouts snuck into the camp Niko and many others were being held. Niko, although thankful to the Goblin for not taking his life, did not return the favor in kind. Niko instead stole the opportunity of surpise to savage plug blade into the goblin warrior's back several times.

In Niko's escape the Mythallar picked him and transported him to the Ziggarut. He believed himself cursed for his actions of betrayal that he holed up and became a drunk in Gobsquat. Some time later, he picked up the blade again and joined the Stewards.

Thanks to everyone that made this character a blast to play. MindMaster, Ommadawn, Caster, Gwydion, Twelve, especially CrazyNut (FleetingHeart), Ix, and absolutely everyone I interacted with. It was awesome.

This character was created on Friday, August 28th, 2009 at 09:35:39 PM.
Since creation, this character has logged on and off 228 times.
The character has spent 8 days, 12 hours, 18 minutes, and 33 seconds online.

In the beginning just lounging in the Stargazer Village.

Crazy wizard and his summons, one of the many looks of Niko.

Experimenting with screenies.

Niko and Kitty, found it out of its cage. So I took it out for a night on the town.

Niko and Vifur, fun interactions.

One of Niko's goals was to gain the trust and fly on the back of the Great Eagle. When Niko accomplished this I cried, a little.

Niko killed tons of Rats and never took damage. :D

Niko could lay out some nasty crits, so he was on fire, he was on fire!

Leged helped Niko out a lot, and I mean a lot.

This glitch landed me a really nice screen shot.

The Feather of the Great Eagle. Best piece of DM loot ever, for me.

I intended for Niko to use this blade as a gift to Shaundakul by making it into dust and giving it to the winds. Bummer.

This is likely my favorite screen shot, although CrazyNut snuck in and the out before the screenie could catch'em.

BoomdaddyBP

IxTheSpeedy

Great character.  Really enjoyed hanging with him.

Looking forward to your next one.

Ommadawn

Caster13

I feel so guilty! He died to the very thing that was, three seconds ago, eating Jean :(

Gwydion

IMO the best thing about playing on the server is getting to know both the PC and the player while in the same faction.

Great job UW.  An amazing concept.

Who made that epic statement in your last screenie?   ;-)

Pestilence

Well done chap. I didn't get to help you in any of this but I at least hope some of the ideas I gave you while making him were OK.

UnholyWon

Yeah, thanks Pestilence. Throughout the many months of playing Niko he went through a lot of changes mechanically and IG. I really appreciated the insight and the help everyone put into the character. You guys ROCK!!!

Portal Rat

lakhena

Loved the little rp tidbits we had.  Hope to see the next one soon!

Twelve