Werewolves

Started by Thomas_Not_very_wise, October 06, 2008, 09:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas_Not_very_wise

While I totally love the fact there werewolves, I just find it odd that the only ones I find are 'Greater' werewolves. I am not saying reduce there spawning, but perhaps some lesser werewolves and normal ones could be made? Like with Umberhulks, you had normal, and Behemoth, and then Guardians.

The Werewolves are the surface Umberhulks after all imo!

Oroborous

Werewolves are too easy to kill. I suggest we replace them all with Humongous Ginormous Grand Big Hooba Werewolves so they're a real challenge.

Goblin Butcher

Actually oroborous, greater were-wolves are one of the few critters I won't tangle with alone without chugging a ton of potions, I'd fight a great lizard over one of them anyway, their strength is in their huge ab and dr, their weakness is in their low hp.

That said, it would be interesting to see greater werewolves become "Werewolves" and something much nastier replacing the greater werewolf. Also maybe a variety of were creatures based on your location would be nice. Especially with the new were boar model.

Edit: Also despawn or become "Bandit Elites" during the day?

Relinquish

Greater Werewolves are pretty tough, they are indeed the only NPC that has spotted any of my PCs that sneak without having true seeing.

Howlando

Snuggle-huggle Glomping Teddy-bear Lycans added for Thomas.

Thomas_Not_very_wise

I would like to see a screenshot before I give credence to what howland said

JackOfSwords

What, you've never heard of Weresmurfs?

Nightshadow

Yeah, the werewolves are tough. On my last day of playing Nariaxel, my cleric of Kossuth, I was with a party of four or five, and we were on our way to scalemount. We saw the werewolf there, and we were like "It's a five/six on one, we can take it." First I summoned four basic fire elementals while our tank ran up and attacked, first our tank nearly got killed, then the thing just ate my fire elementals. After that, I summoned more elementals, it killed those (but because they were bigger elementals, they dealt some damage), then ran up and nearly killed me. One of our archers finally took the thing down as I was bleeding to death on the ground. I would say making some lesser and regular werewolves that spawn as well would be nice. And I like the idea of the 'Bandit Elites' during the day.

Also, Snuggle-huggle Glomping Teddy-bear Lycan sounds scary... 'Teddy-bear' being the most scary. Werebears get like a +12 str, and they're Lawful good, which is even worse because all my characters are evil, and werebears go around killing evil things.

Sandstorm

I think the concern is that if every werewolf is a 'greater' werewolf, then they sort of become the 'normal' werewolf, instead of a 'greater' one.

Ommadawn