TPK option on the fuge

Started by Drakill Tannan, October 02, 2010, 02:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakill Tannan

Wich kills all the enemies of the quest you're currently taking, but closes it as "incomplete" and locks all the chests. For thouse times when a DM isn't on to rescue you.

Echigo

meth

Yalta

At first glance this sounds like a decent idea. As long as it was set up to be obviously un-abusable.

Not sure it would be easy to script all the chests locking on every quest though and sounds like a fair bit of work?

Thomas_Not_very_wise

And this lock will need to be removed after everyone leaves the QA

Howlando

No thank you. Complicated, undesirable, abuseable, etc.

Kinslayer988

Dms are not on all the time and dieing more than once is bad enough. You never know until you try it Howland.
<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers

Howlando

Thank you for your comment. There is a "respawn to safe place" option for a reason.

Echigo

Quote from: Howland;202415Thank you for your comment. There is a "respawn to safe place" option for a reason.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Shot through the heart, and you're to blame.. You give love a bad name.[/FONT]
meth

12 Hatch

Half the fun of EfU is the constant danger, I think.  Without that, adrenaline doesn't flow!

9lives

Egon the Monkey

Having this week been a regular at the 3 Round Multicrit TPK Fiesta, I'll offer this bit of advice. Bank 250-300 gold ASAP if you play a zig PC. Use it to buy invis so you can get your gear/rescue your buddies. If you don't play a ziggurat based PC, frankly you're hosed. It's why I've suggested other banks before.

PlayaCharacter

Quote from: Egon the Monkey;202523Having this week been a regular at the 3 Round Multicrit TPK Fiesta, I'll offer this bit of advice. Bank 250-300 gold ASAP if you play a zig PC. Use it to buy invis so you can get your gear/rescue your buddies. If you don't play a ziggurat based PC, frankly you're hosed. It's why I've suggested other banks before.

Just make sure you remember to stop and get another copy of your citizenship papers, or else the guy at the bank won't let you have your money.

Nature-based PC groups most likely have someone (druid, ranger, rogue, wizard, etc) who can stealth / invis by themselves without use of a potion.

There is always some in-character way to get your stuff back, even in the event of a total party wipe. It might take half an hour because you have to run halfway across the server in stealth mode, but it is always possible.

kanrath

Unless yer corpse is on the other side of the double doors in the tower of mercy with the keys after trying the sub warden.

Conan The Conqueror

Or you can do what I do and have a war of attrition. Respawn until the enemy is dead. Take EFU to the LIMIT.

Respawning safe and trying to get some other PCs to help you out usually works. Rarely have I seen someone completely against helping out another character in a tight spot like a TPK.

Vlaid

Naked run of shame like a man.