A Game of Thrones on HBO

Started by Kiaring, May 02, 2011, 01:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morva

I like it.
Haters gonna hate though!!

el groso

bigx2

Pretty solid so far. Now he needs to get off his ass (or on it) and write the rest of the series. Hate to have him to end up like Robert Jordan. The newest book in the series was just completed and it took 6 years. Still and estimated 3 more books to go. You're not that young George, you better pick up the pace!

wcsherry

Each episode has gotten progressively better. I have high hopes for the series, and expect it will be amazing.

you axed for it

Didn't like Deadwood...

wat

Howlando

I'm definitely enjoying it as it goes on. I'm a little curious how easy it is for people who haven't read the books to follow along with what's going on.

The actor who played Syrio Forel was a bit of a disappointment.

ExileStrife

I have not read the books.  I have an associate who provides me custom commentary after each episode who fills me in on the characters, details, and relationships spoiler free.  Without him it would be very hard to catch everything.

Kiaring

Syrio was a letdown but unless I am totally mistaken BARRISTAN SELMY is being played by this total badass. Which is excellent.
Current PC: Acolyte Itziyal Neniarral

AKMatt

Colonel Tigh will be amazing.

AKMatt

Or rather, would have been.  Just looked on IMDB, it's this guy: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0568400/

Listen in Silence

As a long time fan of the books I have to say it's very good, so far. Minor things annoying me, but nothing important really. Most of the actors are even doing a good job of it!

caek

Loving it so far, agree that Syrio was a strange choice. Wasn't sure about Renly either!

Big thumbs up for Littlefinger and Varys, though.

Howlando

Mayor Carcetti returns.

Relonor

Always pictured littlefinger as more oily. Hopefully, they'll cast Stannis properly in the second series. He isn't Stannis if he isn't a marble carved statue brought to life.

caek

I only realised he was in The Wire the other day!

I'm already looking forward to what they'll do with Clash of Kings, too.