A Game of Thrones on HBO

Started by Kiaring, May 02, 2011, 01:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

you axed for it

Jorah Mormont, Ayra, Littlefinger and the Hound are the only really 'fitting' actors.

I really would have liked to see a more fitting actor than Dinklage to cover my favorite character, but he's passable. As are the rest of the Starks and I suppose the rest of the Lannisters.

Syrio Forel, Khal Drogo, both Targaryens and a host of less important characters all seem extremely unfitting, which is a big letdown.

IMO, they should have just put David Simon and Ed Burns in charge of producing it.

Relonor

Tyrion was really well done, IMO. I'd go so far as to say he was the only one who looks and acts exactly as I personally imagined.

Syrio Forel was a bit of letdown, I agree. Stupid hair.

wcsherry

I can't stop gushing about the Wall.

I love the visuals, the actors playing the scummy convicts, and the general feel of desperation the series captures when shots take place there. The conversation in episode three between Tyrion / The Lead Ranger / and the Recruitment Officer was spectacular.

Robert Baretheon is exactly as I'd have imagined him.

Littlefinger's actor is delivering a sterling performance so far, as is Tyrion's and Ned's.

caek

For some reason I thought the wall to me more ''brick-like'' - but that's probably just my own interpretation. I agree it looks incredible.

Tyrion's accent bothers me a little - it's like he's trying really, really hard to do a British accent and it makes him sound a bit silly some of the time!

Can't wait to see more of THE HOUND, too.

Howlando

I think Dinklage is doing very well. No complaints about his portrayal of Tyrion.

David Simon and his team wouldn't do well with this kind of project at all, and he'd have no interest. One of the biggest challenges with AGOT is the pacing - as an HBO series it feels rushed, but it's necessary if you want to cover the plot of the first book in ten episodes or whatever.

you axed for it

Relonor

The Wall's completely made of ice according to the books.

There's one scene in the Storm of Swords (no details provided to avoid spoilers) where a small section of the wall breaks, and the characters see the entire core wall is made of nothing but ice.

If I recall, there were some stone battlements and other additions to the top of the wall, in one of the episodes, however.

IxTheSpeedy

I'm enjoying the show so far.  I did immediately notice that Eddard's children are all aged a few years.  It kind of makes sense though, I think the show would be pretty shocking if it depicted what happens to these kids.  Especially with certain characters in the second book.  I think Littlefinger is being played well but I pictured him shorter...

I'm just happy to have some sort of decent show depicting a fantasy medieval setting.  So often then are so bad I can't bare to watch them.

Robert is being played very well I think.

Kiaring

No colonel Tigh for us. :(

AFAIK the Wall is made of ice. Ice bricks. There's a scene in A Storm of Swords in which this is made quite evident.

I want to see who they get to play GREGOR. Lena Headey would never have been my choice for Cersei Lannister, but I think she is doing a decent enough job. Things at the Wall seem gritty and desperate, but not nearly as much as in the books. Yoren (the recruitment officer) is a ragged, foul-smelling, haggard fellow in the book, and a gentleman in the series.
Current PC: Acolyte Itziyal Neniarral

The Beggar

Howland, if they have someone lame playing Pyatt Pree you should have the right to chew them out.

BrittanyPanthas

Gregor Clegane is played by a 7 foot tall stunt man named Conan.

http://www.conanstevens.com/acting-movies-tv-film/tall-actor-blog/ser-gregor-clegane-i-am.html

You can see a shot of him as Clegane along the top bar.

Shamtastic

Just finished watching episode 4, Gregor is in it. So far, the series, is great, of course no where as great as the books, but  really well done. Friends of mine are now starting the books, just from seeing these episodes..now if old GRR can focus for a god damn minute and finish the series....!!!!!

Listen in Silence

Episode 4 = The best one so far. Samwell was unexpectedly appropriate.

morva

Tonight's episode was crazzzzzy

Knight Of Pentacles

books are for nerds

But I'm going to start watching this series TONIGHT!