EfU: Like Best/Miss Most

Started by erglion, November 17, 2008, 06:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erglion

It's been a little over 2 months since the move to the surface.  I have been thinking about the change, and was curious about what other people think.  There have been some posts with long discussions.  I would prefer to see really succinct (short) posts listing (1) what you like most about the new setting (2) what you miss most about the Underdark setting.  Try to keep it to two sentences for each.

Like Best: Being on the surface.  It's great to have the EfU mechanics, DMs, players, and all, while exploring outdoor environments with time of day and weather effects.

Miss Most: Sanctuary.  The premise, the history, the layout, and the factions were so brilliant.  Even though you can still log into the UD, for me, there is absolutely no point without that epic city.

iBard

Like Best: The incredibly visual and intricate areas.

Miss most: The seedy scumhole that was lower.

Luke Danger

Like best: We can build from the ground up, and it's now the players that decide things like goverment.

Miss Most: Sanctuary. Let's not deny it, it was friggen awsome and I had so many plans involved for it with future characters. Actually, beleive it or not, what I miss most in Sanctuary was House Montezzi. I just loved trying to face off with them and win, even though it was a loosing battle, the preperation done in secret was enjoyable. I really wish the Montezzi faction survived, dealing with them on the surface would of been epic.

Oroborous

Quote from: erglion;97634Miss Most: Sanctuary.  The premise, the history, the layout, and the factions were so brilliant.  Even though you can still log into the UD, for me, there is absolutely no point without that epic city.

Sanctuary felt organic and well-developed. EfU:A still feels like its trying to find its feet and get there.

Requiem

I miss the Sand Caverns.

Germain

Like best:  The rolling outdoor hills and terrain.

Miss most: Spellguard Missions.

Thomas_Not_very_wise

New plots and characters who are just fricken awesome

I miss most: Sanctuary *Cry*

Ommadawn

Like best: The surface is a beautiful place.. the weather, the night and day cycles, the scenery is amazing.

Miss most: The dark, scary and atmospheric feel of the underdark (it was the actual underdark setting which drew me here in the first place), and the feeling of an established history. You could slot your character into that history and feel like you belonged. No one (or very, very few) "belongs" to Ymph.

Hammerfist0

Like best: The ability to make newcomers feel like outsiders by reminiscing about EfU

Miss Most: Dieing alone 5 times in the UD, crying a little, and permaing.

Vlaid

Miss most: Sanctuary. The...well it's already been said. Sanctuary's feel was amazing since the first time I logged in when you would rarely see more than 5 people in the server....even before a lot of the module as we know it was there.

Like most: DM's giving the players more control of the server and how it developes, the feeling that everyone is trying to build what the server will eventually become in a natural way.

Meldread

Like Best:  It's hard to say because it's so much.  I love the area's they are well done and beautiful.  I like the setting, and how it gives even more control over to players.

Miss Most:  I miss Sanctuary, but more than that I miss the Machine and all of the possible role-playing opportunities it provided.  It was different, seamlessly worked into the setting, and who doesn't like Magical Technology?

Pup

New love: The fresh new environment and new secrets to explore.  

Miss the most:  Having finally gotten a grasp on what the hell was going on down there...  Which is a double-edged sword, at best.

The king is dead.  Long live the king.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Egon the Monkey

New Love: Sunshine!
Miss Most: Either the plethora of crafting recipe drops to find, and the prevalence of reagents, or Persuade checks for quests. Those "Extra Potions Rolls" gave diplomatic chars something extra to do.

Talir

Like best:
The openess and the opportunity to directly affect how the populace views certain factions and ideals. A sandbox we can build our castles in, as well as seeing the inspiring factions that have already come to existance on both DMs' and players' part. I just wish more people would make a grasp for the opportunity and build something together. The areas look terrific and the history, when unveiled, will assuredly be nothing less than awe-inspiring.

Miss most:
During the closing days of the beloved Sanctuary, I really felt that the NPCs were highly active and participated in the events. I learnt a few new things about them and I would love to get to know the NPCs here more as well. NPCs pushing forward their agenda. It may just be that I fail to happen upon the moments this happen, but this is something I'd love to see.

dragonfire9000

Like Most: The sun! It burns us precious!!!! Also underwater areas. They scare the bejeezus out of me.

Miss Most: My dvarfs. *sniff* My soul will always be made of mithril.