Wand not working for rogues.

Started by TootsieRoll, August 05, 2011, 09:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TootsieRoll

My characters name is Vapor Tumbledown. He is pure rogue, and has a wand of endure elements usable only by rogues. Yet everytime I try to use it I fail his UMD check.  Makes the wand useless for him.  Can this be fixed?

Tarnished_Tulip

Get more UMD, people use those wands all the time.

SanTelmo

No, the point is if he has a wand "Only usable by X" and he is X, then there should not be an UMD check so obviously he is complaining about a valid issue. UMD check is used to bypass this exact requirement to be X class, that is why rogues use UMD to be able to use arcane wands and items for other classes.
"EFU is a romance server now" -Vlaid

"Some people just gotta be killed" -Gip

Ebok

They would have to be Rods for there to be no check. Otherwise it is still either arcane or divine wand, and significant UMD is required to trigger it. Only usable by Rogues doesnt means it's easy to use, just that it's not a wizard or cleric toy.

That said, Im not sure if this is by design or someone overlooked it.

SanTelmo

I have seen in game wands with "Only usable by Blackguard". How would they be able to use their wands without UMD check? At least I find it a bit odd that rogue wands require you to pass UMD check when it is clearly designed for those of rogue class to be able to use, none other. But I wont bother to argue about the intention of those who know EFUs system better (DM/s who created this system) and will hopefully soon give us all a satisfactory answer.

Also "They would have to be rods for not to have check" does not well respond to the original NWN mechanics were you are either able to bypass the requirement and use, not use or use because you are of the class. There is no checks, that is what has been added by some efu scripter and it seems there is a conflict with these two systems.
"EFU is a romance server now" -Vlaid

"Some people just gotta be killed" -Gip

Johannes

This was a genuine issue, and it will be fixed next reset for all base classes.

TootsieRoll

Thanks Johannes  :)