Watcher-Knight Tobias Markham

Started by FanaticusIncendi, May 02, 2012, 08:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FanaticusIncendi

Quote from: Basic BackgroundTobias was a  simple country girl from Cormyr, whose mother died in childbirth and whose father - a retired soldier and staunch Tempuran - gave her the name of the son he desired, but would never have.

Much of Tobias' formative years were spent trying to please and impress her father. She believed the best way to do this would to conform to what she thought he wanted in a son. One day as a very young girl she came dragging a double-axe from her father's collection, causing the normally stoic man to laugh in surprised delight at the ridiculousness of the picture, which she interpreted as approval. And thus a very small young woman probably better suited to leathers and a rapier became a plate-wearing, double-axe wielding monster.

I tend to enjoy making characters who have rather glaring incongruities in build and personality and then making it all fit, and Tobias was no exception. Some people said she should be a barbarian for the double axe thing to make mechanical sense, but that totally didn't work with the concept I had in mind so I made her a fighter and made it work. Personally I think her build came out pretty damn awesome....

For one awesome week a while back, I attained level 10

I never played a character with such a low stat before and I will say the low wisdom thing is a bitch to really pull off right! I can't count how many times I thought to myself "This is SUCH a bad idea" and then did it anyway. Sticking to the low wisdom especially after she had been around a while and people were looking to her to make decisions lead to situations both hysterical, frustrating, and sometimes disasterous.

Tobias was stubborn, impatient, loudly outspoken, tactless, quick to anger, and almost never backed down from a fight. She was also a fiercely loyal friend, respectful of her elders and most clergy, and surprisingly humble and generous when bested fairly in a spar. She was just as loud and ballsy at level 2 as she was at much higher levels, and in fact probably louder at the lower levels as she did learn some temperence toward the end.

In the beginning, Tobias spent a lot of time like this:

[hide=][/hide]

But she always said "Every time I eat dirt, I get stronger" and eventually, she did:

[hide=][/hide]

Tobias and Imal, being awesome from the start:

[hide=][/hide]

Imal collected quite a harem:

[hide=][/hide]

Aaaand somehow managed to die A LOT:

[hide=]
[/hide]

Imal's final speech, what an epic fight that was:

[hide=][/hide]

Tobias rages at the *spoiler* Imal died to:

[hide=][/hide]

Comital war, probably my single favorite conflict/event ever:

[hide=] [/hide]

Gotta love Arthur Aberdenn just sort of standing there watching Tobias fight for her life, lol:

[hide=][/hide]

Got all the way to the very end of the entire war in one piece, and then had to face THIS GUY who I think took out everyone in this picture...at least we got to have our say in the fugue!

[hide=][/hide]

Tobias learns the value of making friends early on when she is one of the few to get a raise after the war:

[hide=][/hide]

On the heels of the comital war came the battle to take back the Pass, but we needed help for that, and to get that help we had to give up our dreams to ogres so they'd fight for us:

[hide=] [/hide]

Everything went great...and then the Agony shows up

[hide=] [/hide]

The Reaper of Corpses, a foe almost as scary as the Agony:

[hide=] [/hide]

There was a plotline with a lich who kept popping up and liked to steal souls, Tobias really had it out fo this lich from very early on. She finally got to fight the lich fully and ended up with its phylactery...

[hide=][/hide]

But she didn't know what to do with it, so she brought it to the Fury, but he couldn't destroy it either...

[hide=][/hide]

So finally, in what became possibly one of my favorite IG moments of all time, Tobias came up with a plan of her own for what to do with the phylactery (Order PCs you will especially enjoy this)

[hide=][/hide]

I forgot to take a screenshot of her actually doing the deed but really there wasn't much to see. Basically drank an invis and walked over to the priory merely to scope out the situation. Saw that someone had left the door open so Tobias made an 8 wisdom decision that for once actually worked out awesomely...ran up, tossed the phylactery into the priory and ran the hell away. LICH BOMB!

Tobias and friends spent a lot of time defying the maiden:

[hide=] [/hide]

Helped make the Heart of Life:

[hide=][/hide]

Got some clues about the King and crown, most of which are spoilerific

[hide=][/hide]

Was tormented by BOM repeatedly and awesomely:

[hide=] [/hide]

Had some strange and amusing conversations:

[hide=] [/hide]

Stated the obvious a lot:

[hide=][/hide]

Made some questionable friendships and alliances:

[hide=] [/hide]

And even made some very hard choices putting her loyalties to the test (really some of the most interesting and engrossing RP of all):

[hide=][/hide]

Of course she also had loads of adventures, saved the day many times, and fought all the things that needed fighting:

[hide=] [/hide]

She also defied the things that needed defying, and went out - more than once - like a bawse:

[hide=][/hide]

Then there was the loot:

[hide=] [/hide]

Regardless of how much loot you have, when you're literally hemmed into a corner and surrounded by this many, there just ain't much you can do:

[hide=][/hide]

So you may as well spit your blood in their face and be defiant to the very end:

[hide=][/hide]

Appropriate last words from Tobias:

[hide=][/hide]

A very big thank you to all the awesome DMs who helped Tobias out along the way, I really appreciate all the work you guys do to make such an incredible, living environment for us to have these adventures in!

And of course to all the amazing players, both friends and foe and too many to name- thank you! Looking forward to playing with you all in the next incarnation....

Canzah

Only <3 for Tobias. Great character Mira!

Valo56

Excellent character. :)

Guns 'n Roses

Will miss that potty mouth of hers!

morva

Do you like Bratwurst?

One_With_Nature

Voluminous Cloak

Now, the Order shall rise.

Winston Martin

Tobias secret dwarf.

Pigadig

I knew it was you who planted the Lich, but Walt assumed that Tobias wasn't quite that nutty. Heh.

TeufelHunden

MirrorMask

A pleasure rp'ing with her.

Sponduli

My double-weapon crushing buddy <3

Lenthis

Enzo's favorite woman to confuse.

Ebok

Tobias was always troublsome. <3

Ghosticus

Only got to crush undead with her on Kaina once or twice.

Server will be lesser without her. ;_;7