Delfina Beechroot aka Rover Pearl

Started by adharmas, June 10, 2013, 08:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adharmas

Wow. It's so rare that I get to play a character that lasts a while, comes to a decent conclusion, and that I get decent screenshots of.

She was my third EFU:M character though second of any note in this chapter (and Erik Gerritsen gets a memorial - I wonder what Del gets?). I had hoped she would have outlasted the End of the Chapter, but sometimes you make odd choices in exchange for super mega awesome OP loot (hint: Join the Forgotten Circle, everyone.)

At first I was struggling with to find her voice, and tried to avoid playing her like Tika Tymbalm, a character I sadly let fade away in original EFU. Gnomes are hard, without easy stereotypes to phone in (besides turnips?).

Some traits that I originally designed for her:
-She was a tinker
-She was suspicious of authority
-She liked to use subtle manipulation over direct physical conflict
-She was an optimist

And I didn't have much goals originally planned for her besides meet other gnomes and explore, and letting the rest develop organically.

I'll add more screenies soon, but I need sleep. But for those of you who never saw her after her change, here is her awesome beaver shot... P.S. "her awesome beaver shot" means something completely different on the internet.

UPDATE:

Del liked to walk around in stealth a lot, occasionally finding new things. She felt at home in the wilderness or in town. Usually she just watched people and animals.
[hide=""][/hide]

Following people lead her to many interesting places, which let her witness shady deals.
[hide=""][/hide]

And more shady deals that go sour.
[hide=""][/hide]

Sometimes she followed random adventuring parties.
[hide=""][/hide]

And gank squads out for blood.
[hide=""][/hide]

She liked to explore such exotic places, like Castle Blackhearth (side note: I never invested in mapping equipment, so I've replaced the map pins in various areas many times)
[hide=""][/hide]

Not even NPCs were immune to her quiet watching.
[hide=""][/hide]

And one fateful day, witnessing a fight lead to a major character change...
[hide=""][/hide]

Which lead to her being on the run from certain people...
[hide=""][/hide]

Which lead to a new name, and a change of clothes in town.
[hide=""][/hide]

She got to participate in events both entertaining...
[hide=""][/hide]

...and horrifying
[hide=""][/hide]

She went on an exciting trip to the Underdark, with some questionable company...
[hide=""][/hide]

I hear Old Port is lovely this time of year...
[hide=""][/hide]

And while you're there, why not visit exotic Traensyr?
[hide=""][/hide]

She took part in the raid on Murdertown and the undoing of Sanq
[hide=""][/hide]

And was at another event which lead to another major character change...
[hide=""][/hide]

Finally, some custom loot shots. Her belt, from helping the Watchers originally and what inclined her towards joining them.
[hide=""][/hide]

Her awesome crossbow, with some hint to where it came from.
[hide=""][/hide]

And in gnome-beaver form, she got an awesome new helmet
[hide=""][/hide]

And her tail.
[hide=""][/hide]

She also had a special helmet (Mask of the Fetishist) which unfortunately the Dye Barrel ate the description of, so no shot of it. It might still be out there, circulating. Whoever has it can try getting BigOrcMan to fix it.

Howlando

I enjoyed your PC and particularly appreciated that you updated your PC character notes a lot. Our time-zones don't match up well though and as such I didn't see her much in game, but I am amused that this poor little gnome had her head turned into a giant bucktoothed beaver's head.

Pentaxius

Delfina sets a new benchmark of journal updating. The scouting log book kept me up to date with her activities, and despite the fact that we play on opposite timezones - it made it feel like she was always around contributing in some way or another to the cause.

The Old Hack

I felt so bad for her at the end. Delfina was wonderful and she'll be missed. Hopefully you'll feel inspired to make something you will be just as happy with again soon.

~tOH.

adharmas

Updated with screenshots!

xXCrystal_Rose

Delfina was really fun to interact with ^^ She certainly felt like an established part of the environment.

Ebok

I wish i been a watcher longer. We only had a few rover parties. <3

TeufelHunden

Lindsay Lohan has nothing on that beaver shot.

efuincarnate

One of my favorite characters to interact with. Nyx will miss her!