#knowledge IRC! Associated with the House of Knowledge or scholastic pursuits? Join us!

Started by GrumbarGrumbler, January 13, 2016, 12:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumbarGrumbler

There are a number of PCs at this point who are to varying degrees working upon scholastic pursuits or the arts and associate themselves with the House of Knowledge. It is not a formal faction or anything, but hey, neither is #treehuggers and why should those tree fornicating naked hippies have all the fun!?!

If you play a PC who spends a significant amount of time in the House of Knowledge and considers themselves a "scholar" or "artist" AND to some degrees has loyalty to the House of Knowledge(or pretends to do so while secretly plotting!) join us in #knowledge ! Join today! For an enlightened Sanctuary! What will we use the channel for? Who knows! We'll figure that out. If nothing else perhaps we can coordinate our play times!

Aethereal

Great initiative, kudos.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

GrumbarGrumbler

We still exist!  We do!  Our group is not huge or flashy but we are still around!  Join us in #knowledge !  And do not think that this is only for mages, several of our numbers are not mages!  Who are scholars?  Archaeologists, news reporters, poets, adventurers seeking lore!  Anyone who spends time in the House of Knowledge and considers their PC to be associated with it in some capacity is welcome to join us! Join us in #knowledge today!

GrumbarGrumbler

And indeed, a month on, we do still exist!  Join us in #knowledge !

Aethereal

This is a thing. If people seeking concepts want to delve into the lore and Uncertainty of EFU again. Revelations await.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

Aethereal

I want to mention that there is presently an opportunity for someone to play a role that deals in scholarly authority and the intrigues that stem from such things. I'll probably expand upon this via in-character channels, but put this here as a heads up to anyone whom something like this might interest and would be something they would pursue with dedication. Established characters or at least a character you would want to stick to would be suitable.

Some aspects of this role include:
  • Reviewing in-character literature (posts in the 'Libraries and Tomes of EFU:R' forum and other in-character publications) and having the power to pass judgement upon them, with meaningful in-character consequences for the authors (both positive and negative.)
  • Dealing with the intrigues of scholarly interests, and those who would seek to manipulate or subvert them for personal gain or otherwise.
  • Pursuing the greater mysteries of the setting.
  • Having ready-made allies (the details of which will be evident if this role is pursued.)

Some helpful traits or achievements characters pursuing this should have/consider, but this role does not necessarily require:
  • Worthwhile contributions to the House of Knowledge. Something to demonstrate scholarly competence and or the right mindset for one dedicated to greater understanding, beyond the common pursuits of mortals.
  • Playing the role of conspiracy theorist, revelator, or even scholastic puritan.
  • A reverence or at least high respect for knowledge and understanding.

I expect this not to be a role that incites direct PvP conflict, so it is safe for players who are not keen on such things. But realistically there is plenty of opportunity for a PvP-oriented player to show that the quill and the sword (and or spell) can go hand in hand. Actually I would conclude by saying that the player can self-determine the level of PvP-conflict they incite by the way they play the role.

There is always room for creative freedom, and the role can and no doubt will evolve over time. Take this post as a guideline for an opportunity that exists in the game world that I feel would be quite rewarding to the right type of player or one who wishes to experience the deeper lore of the setting, and even the philosophy of and behind Revelations.

It is possible I have encountered worthy characters in-game already, but have not made open the offer. In any case, if anyone is interested, please contact me via IRC or private message (the forum has bugs, so if you don't get a reply within a couple days, contact me through another channel instead.)
---

GrumbarGrumbler

#knowledge on irc!  We are still a thing!  Its true!  We may not have a FANCY official DM faction or anything but we exist!  We even see action and adventure, in fact three of our numbers were at the Battle of Mutulakt!  Join us in #knowledge and get your Knowledge on!

If you play a character who wants to pursue knowledge, lore and the like, be it mundane or magical, arcane or eldritch, archaeology or anything of that sort and you have some affection for the House of Knowledge, this is the place for you.  My favorite parts of EFU are delving its deep mysteries and lore and there is no better place to do so than in #knowledge !

Chronicler

Sorry to hijack this thread/chatroom, but this is (again) a thing! We got books, we got mysteries, we have oodles of stories and chances for characters to dig into the darkness of the past/future of Sanctuary.

Aethereal

Hardly a hijack and certainly not something that requires an apology of any kind!

Please do come along loreseekers and lorekeepers of yore, to our parlour of scholarly pursuits grand and small.
---