Author Topic: Spells Suggestions Thread  (Read 6927 times)

Stranger

• View Profile
on: August 29, 2019, 03:38:39 PM
Intelligence theft.

Similar to the speed theft of GSF: Transmutation and the strength theft of a lifestealer sorcerer, what if Feeblemind stole INT/WIS/CHA equal to the damage it did?

The spell's duration is fairly brief, at 1 round per 2 levels, but this change could further make that narrow window count even if the diviner is not lucky enough to land a brain death. It would have had very interesting synergy with, for example, the late Amonkas Inaran's divination/evocation build.

It's hardly as if diviners are accused of being overpowered.

If there are any concerns, make it so that wizards can only do this if they have the courage to take divination specialization.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 03:49:33 PM by Stranger »

MAGIC

• View Profile
on: September 11, 2019, 01:53:51 PM
The casting range on Slow is a bit short, I often find my char running into AOO range when casting it on a target. I know that it would require a 2da change and is therefore unlikely, but it would be nice if the casting range was a little longer.

Voss_

• View Profile
on: September 17, 2019, 10:05:32 AM
Add endurance to the druid spellbook.

I don't know why they shouldn't have it. Other than it not having an animal monicker, and that's not a very good reason.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 10:13:34 AM by Voss_ »

Astegard

• View Profile
on: September 17, 2019, 02:02:58 PM
As there appear to be none I have some suggestions for Custom illusion spells:

Shifting invisibility, 1 turn level after every turn go invis again.

Mirrored assault: Summon 1/3 copies of the target with reduced stats that attack him/her

Blindling flash: Blind in an aoe.

The Hound of the king: Conjure an image of the kings hound, no damage but has a fear aura. (or another scary beast, Grabbersnatcher!)

« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 08:53:52 PM by Astegard »

spice mage

• View Profile
on: November 05, 2019, 04:41:31 AM
Shocking Grasp
Sor / Wiz L1
Melee Touch
Your successful melee touch attack deals 1d6 points of electricity damage per caster level (maximum 5d6)

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/shockingGrasp.htm

An old classic that'd be fun to see (and offer an electricity damage spell at L1