Mythallar Chamber balance Suggestions

Started by Arc, June 28, 2017, 08:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arc

I know this is a new system, so just wanted to give my two cents on balance! I absolutely -love- the new surface system. Its exciting and adds some great stuff to do besides questing, with a group of friends. Having led a couple charges in, though, a couple thoughts: [INDENT]1) I love the quality, and amount, of loot. Its great, and makes the surface feel rewarding. However, many of the portals are simply decimated by larger groups. Our group of many new PCs suffered almost no damage across several portals, and got an absolute ton of loot from it. I would much rather a buff to difficulty then a nerf to the loot, personally, although that's a matter of debate, but a few suggestions:[/INDENT]  [INDENT]- Maybe 10 or so DR on the white, soapy pillars, and make them spawn some larger bubble types? Right now most die to a large group before they're any threat at all

- The nerfed mega-tentacle monster from last night now spawn mage eaters, which is cool! But... again, easily handled by even my relatively low-level group. Maybe it could spawn medium mage eaters instead of lesser?[/INDENT]  [INDENT]2) I love that most of the loot is locked behind keys, this is great for preventing dry-looting. However, many survivors can be rescued without facing any threat, as it is. It might be nice if you have to kill the threat before you can save the survivors![/INDENT]  [INDENT]3) This is the most self-centered thing, but- At the moment, most of the creatures on the surface aren't flagged to give New Path favor for killing abberants. It would be cool if the at least the super-difficult ones that it would be appropriate to grant favor on would offer a bit of favor, like many lowerdark creatures.[/INDENT]  [INDENT]4) A couple "murder your face" level difficult ones would be nice, to add a bit of dread to it- as it is, I feel players will become rapidly too comfortable to running to it to farm supplies, with no real fear of death. So I suppose, what I mean above all is that it still feels pretty easy, in a lot of spots![/INDENT] All that said, I absolutely love the system. Its a great idea, has great ambiance, and provides a great flavorful way for higher level PCs to spend some time with friends! I just would like to see it have a bit more teeth.

Anyone else who has specific suggestions, please feel free to use this thread to deposit them!

Anprim

Containers appear to be using the basic mob drop table.  Don't know if that's intentional or not.