Getting server timed out

Started by Letsplayforfun, August 24, 2017, 02:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Letsplayforfun

Can't log in as of today. I can log in to other nwn servers, efu's timing me out for some reason.

SemStar

When was the last time you did log in?

Have you tried direct connecting to nwn.efupw.com ?

Letsplayforfun

I logged in earlier in the day, 2h later it didn't work. I Tried direct connect.

Letsplayforfun

For the record putting these into the host (windows/system32/drivers/etc ) file doesn't seem to work for me as it may for others.

66.33.222.15 efupw.com //www.efupw.com
74.91.123.154 nwn.efupw.com

Paha

As usual, try tracert and ping the nwn.efupw.com through the console (Cmd in search at start menu of windows). Write tracert nwn.efupw.com. You will want to know, first of all, if you actually have issue connecting to the end server or if there is issue anywhere between.

goate

LPFF, please try changing your "Client Port" setting in nwnplayer.ini to something random between 1024 and 65535?  Let me know if it makes a difference.  I think you probably have it set to 5120 right now?  I've seen a spat of random issues like yours among a few players, and I suspect it might have to do with several people using the same client port.

-gracken

Letsplayforfun

All right, everything back to normal today it seems. Thanks for your input and help!