Corrine Lenner - Mage hating to the end

Started by djspectre, September 10, 2008, 02:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djspectre

Corrine was my first attempt at using an alt account, underdark_surfer. She was also my first and only female character I've ever played anywhere, ever, in any game.  She never made it to the surface. She died defending the last convoy of citizens from the city to the Seeker camp in East Dunwarren when they were ambushed by Chosen in the Stadium. The server actually lagged and she boomeranged and then got hit with 3-4 acid sprays. Still her equipment was put to good use!

Corrine was the daughter of a very unpopular, but skilled blacksmith somewhere in the Dalelands. Her mother having died during her birth, caused Corrine to take on a more masculine approach to life. She regularly got into fights with the local boys - and often times won them.

Her adolescence caused her to bloom into a beautifully full figured woman. In fact she was stunningly attractive, however her attitude and tomboy nature often repelled people (thus her 10 CHA score) from her and so she became an independent spirit. She took up her fathers trade as a smith, but also joined a local militia where she learned to train hard and used her fathers products for practice.

When she became an adult she joined a traveling mercenary group that helped smaller villages defend against local problems such as bandits and such. These travels eventually led her into direct conflict with a renegade group of Thayvian mages known as The Conclave. She was captured for having killed a pair of necromancers from their order who were torturing small children with negative energy.

The Conclave believed that a suitable punishment, and entertainment, would be to transport her to an outer plane and watch her suffer at the hands of whatever creatures roamed there. However, Corrine's mercenary company burst into the room just as she was about to be dropped into the portal. They managed to free her, but the company's apprentice mage tried to dispel the portal, but instead increased it to the point of overload. In an attempt to correct his mistake the apprentice then set off what he thought was a flash bomb, but instead was a sphere of fireball. The subsequent explosion hurled Corrine through the portal and into the Underdark.

Few Facts about Corrine, both known and obscure:
--She had lived in Sanctuary for 4 years
--She acquired her constant spitting habit from the constant dust kicked up in various caves in the Underdark. The spitting was to rid her mouth of the grit.
--She was absolutely TERRIFIED of rats. In fact, she has ran away from many boss fights when other PC's summoned rats during the fight.
--She had a severe distrust and near hatred of mages. Nothing gave her more satisfaction than seeing a mage get what they deserved. Due to her experience with the Conclave.
--She was actually left handed (hard to show with the nwn engine)
--She was married briefly, but he died during conflict with the Conclave
--She had a score of 13 for craft weapon that I never got to use except when she cleaned and repaired her weapon.
--her bastard sword was named Candice
--She only every trusted two mages ever: Cania and Dalman.
--The cuss word she used: Rothe. Was derived from when she first arrived, she tripped and landed, face first, in a enormous pile of rothe dung.
--She only lost two duels: One to Merin and one to Welfyr (who she later defeated in a street brawl as a level 8)
--She also never recieved a single piece of DM loot her entire career which was indicative of her personal mentality of doing things the hard way and still getting the task completed.

I would like to add special thanks to any and all of the players that she encountered. I know these lists often leave people out that she may have left a memorable impression on, so I will refrain from it. She was not able to do what she did without constant help and support from a cast of characters that made her life what it was. From the Montezzi cadre, to the rebellion, to halflings, elves, druid's mages and warlords, she had a blast and so did I! MUHAHHH! Kisses of thanks to all of you!

I don't have her stat's shots, but I will add them later. Her feat list was:
Toughness
Expertise
Exotic Weapons
WF: Bastard Sword
WSpec: Bastard Sword
Improved Critical: Bastard Sword
Knockdown
Imp. Knockdown
Dodge
Resist Poison

I also don't have any shots of her Loot, but here is what she had:

Excellent Bastard Sword: +1 will save, 1d4 crits
Imbranbulite Full Plate: 40lbs, Ultravision 2x/day.
Mur Tower shield (was upgraded to: Sturdy Zhurkwood Shield after the exodus to the Seeker camp, which gave many more bonus')
Healing Bracers: 4x Cur serious
Clan Graxalaxt (sp??) Helm: 10x Aid, Darkvision, +2 Intimidate
Eyes of Truth (helm): 20m Bright white light, 1x/day See invisibility, +2 spot/search
Troll Cloak
Minor Healing Ring: 30x cure minor
Underdark Ring of Fortitude: +1 Fort save
Stride of Confidence (boots): +1 reflex save, Find Traps 1x/day
Underdark Belt of Will: +1 will save

Now...the screenies!

First off this picture was the inspiration for who she was as a person. I tried to make her look like this avatar.

She was a loner and did many, many things alone.

DM @ area that I found and solo'd

City of the Dead - alone

Having a drink with a goblin after the Chosen invasion in lower, again alone.

This was after she was raised someone dropped her body in the market after Zen (hired by Montezzi) killed her. It is also when I took the Resist Poison feat in response to this as the poison is what killed her.

Corrine also fought lots. With people, with Montezzi, with...well everyone and everything. She was a moody bitch. I don't have screenies of her arguments, but here are some of her fighting.

She didn't always do things alone, she did have a few people she trusted....even if they didn't know it.

(few crazier friends)

(evil friends!!)

(even dm friends...even when they make mistakes!!)

She was also sentimental....though it was rare

(she made a shrine to Frances Allegretti when she failed to save him from animatrons during the exodus)

(spoke of the end times with him just before the end of city)

(this was one of her more down days)

(she loved children...and helped them when they were forced out of the city)

Few weird things did happen to her....
(here she was attacked by someone from 3 zones away!!)

(DM Calculor forgot to hide his avatar for like 15 minutes)

(Dm's forgot to remove this guy from the Orog Quest! OUCH!)

(this was a glitch, but I so wanted to keep it!!)

(.....which one doesn't fit? haha!)

(and yes she did in fact take a bath.....)

Her last views of Sanctuary

Convoy to clear the path to the Seeker Camp

(the baddest group of characters present at the time)

Her Fugue Trip

She actually out arm wrestled LTS's Lizardfolk teamevile character in the afterlife!

and finally, one last parting shot about my experience with Corrine, Drin, Drago Copperskin, Garen, Tarnis Westwind and all my other characters:

(due to a couple bugs in the fugue I ended up with 1006 coins...this is what I did with them!)

Cruzel

Lol I remember that time Vera sat down with her.

Arko was like "Fucker, she was mine!" as I slid past him lol.

Corrine was cool, I interacted with her as fighters, as clerics, and even as mages - I zapped her once or twice, and ended up running for my life. Good times lol.

Rock on, DJ.

Ommadawn

Corrine was a great character djspectre, and showed just how versatile you could be. I knew who she was practically from the start (thanks for trusting me with that too!) and the level and consistency of play and her personality makes me strive to match it.

Kudos!

Skrillix

Joe Desu

Zeb enjoyed hanging with her towards the end.
He is also low charisma dude that spits and tends to get depressed.

Good show.

AKMatt

Corrine was awesome.  I always enjoyed hanging out with her.

lovethesuit

Corrine was one of my favourite characters and you are one of my favourite players. If Corrine was around, I always wanted her in my party.

Elf999

Always enjoyed RP'ing with Corrine. Indeed a moody bitch, but a good PC.

Banana Flakes

I didn't get much interaction with Corrine but what I did was really good.

I've missed out!

dragonfire9000

Bravo! Looks like you made a really deep character with lots of little quirks and a deep, believable background.

Well done!

Oskar Maxon

Dumping the body in the market? Wow, that really is smart. >_<

Luke Danger

That was YOU?! Crud.

Nice work on her, I liked playing alongside her as Danger (we had intresting interactions).

And she FINALLY dies.

The Crimson Magician

What else can be said? Loved playing with Corrine.