Conjurative focus/Tome Bug

Started by ZDavidMan, January 31, 2019, 02:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZDavidMan

If I select a themed tome with conjurative focus, subsequently selecting a new tome doesn't change the theme. Even resetting the conjurative focus and selecting a new tome just gives me the same summons as the previous tome. The only way I'm able to summon anything else is if I reset the focus completely and use my default. Relogging fixes this. Don't know if this is intentional to prevent certain combos or not, but I just wanted to bring it up anyway.

Aethereal

I'm having issues with the Conjurative Focus and Summoning Tomes as well. I'm going to quote a post by Diz-e which seems related, in case his situation provides any useful data and to consolidate threads.

The situation is thus:

Using the Conjurative Focus to select a summoning tome results in a message 'Binding of X selected for use as a summoning tome,' however when the Conjurative Focus is then used on the character, it displays 'Binding of Y' i.e. a completely different tome being registered as the summoning tome. Using a summon creature spell will also call forth the creatures from 'Binding of Y' and not the 'Binding of X' as was selected.

The problem seems to be that the Conjurative Focus defaults to a specific tome in the inventory rather than the one that is expressly selected by the player. I can't figure out how to remedy this. I've tried dropping the tome and picking it up again. I've tried clearing the focus and switching to another tome (over and over and over again!) to no avail.

Diz-e's problem is below. There may be complications when reagents are brought into the equation as well.
Quote from: Diz-e on January 24, 2019, 10:06:26 PM
I'm going to try and document the strangeness I've been seeing with summoning themes, since I've started my new character for EFU:CoR...

My character started off with a theme granted by cleric domain, and it delivered as expected. The character's base summon theme was set to the appropriate one for the domain, and when casting summoning spells, that was the theme that appeared.

Things started getting weird when I used a conjurative focus on a temporary, consumable reagent. The reagent changed the next summon to the expected theme, like it should! But then the next summoning spell that was cast called forth: what appears to be the default theme of this chapter - ring rats, alley cats, etc. And the next as well...

I didn't see the return of my cleric domain-triggered theme until i rested and relogged. I asked a DM if they could fix me and it appeared all was well. But then today I cast a couple of Summon II's (which resulted in the correct theme), followed by a Summon I which turned out to be a ring rat.

I will continue to try and figure out when this is happening and get you guys more info. Also, I have been vague here as to specifics of my character as I do not wish to spoil my plotz; please let me know if you need this info privately and I will gladly give all I can.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

Aethereal

Notes:

It seems the only way to remove a reagent from the conjurative focus is to relog. Using the conjurative focus on itself will not remove a reagent from its current selection memory.

After selecting a tome with the conjurative focus, relogging may result in a different tome being displayed on the conjurative focus's selection than the one that was selected prior to the relog. Of course the problem with the tome being chosen by the player not being the one selected remains a problem too - it's just that relogging can either randomise or switch it to another.

I am led to believe there may be a conflict in how the tomes have been coded, that certain tomes clash (due to being identical?) with others when the conjurative focus is used. I.e. there was an original tome that was cloned and the conjurative focus can't tell the difference between them. Probably also an issue with how the conjurative focus stores reagents in its memory if it can't clear them without a relog.

Might help to know that I'm experiencing these issues on the character: Aethelwine Silver [Account name: Aethereal]
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

Howlando

Forgot that the tomes need a unique tag, which is a dumb way to set it up actually but nevermind.

I've fixed this for the tomes in Naoli's shop. Feel free to get a DM to swap out the old kind.

If there are any others anywhere that have this issue let me know.

Aethereal

The 'Astral Illustrations' and 'Squirming Grimoire' need to be updated with new tags as currently they are conflicting and the conjurative focus can't tell which is which if both are in the inventory.
---