Help me help the Peerage!

Started by Scrappa-yeti, March 06, 2019, 12:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrappa-yeti

Artist and great minds, please help me with Peerage icons, symbols and sigils.

Sunpurse is the easiest, because we have a little picture on our backs.

I used it to make a seal for letters and what not.

I would like to make seals, and perhaps write up an IC book on peerage tincture, but currently we dont have cool little images for all the houses.

I seek suggestions or artistic contributions, especially the latter as I suck at arty stuff .

My suggestions:
House Velstra might have a chalice, or a stylised grapvine, for example.
House Orza could have crossed knives, or a unicorn (other folks noticed that right? On their tunics? Not just me?)
House Nephezar could have a blood droplet, or divine wings?
House Glitt is the hardest, because I dont know much about their glorious history, when they prosumably first got their sigil. But if they lost the old one, perhaps it is now a drunken horse?

Anyway, please pitch in, then we can all use the symbols and stamps to make our letters look cooler.

Remember, just because you hate the Peerage now, does not mean you will not be playing one next month!

I love cats

I say contact some DMS and get some descriptions of seals/coats of arms.

Scrappa-yeti

@I love cats.

I did! They said they dont have any symbols yet, and to engage our highly talented artistic community for help.

And here I am!

bobofwestoregonusa

GLITT would be something manly like a really stinky boot.

Or a more serious suggestion might be a mounted knight - seems kinda GLITT what with the horse

I love cats

Glitt should probably be a defaced fucked up coat of arms.

Give Orza some swords.

Give Nephezzar some ffing  Angel.

As for Velstra...I have the following ideas.

1 Something with a Rooster.

2 A cost of arms with A Red Lion on a purple and silver background.

I"ve got a cost of arms idea for Errilam Winespill if you want to make one! Lol

bobofwestoregonusa

Maybe beat up and in disrepair but GLITTMEN have an unreasonable love of house and name

Emerald, Ruby and Steel

Well, it seems to me that House Orza has a silver heraldic pegasus rampant (not a unicorn) as their symbol, as this recurs across uniforms. It looks roughly like this:

CorstoTerrore

Orza does have a pegasus-looking thing on their tabards.

And Nephezar tabards have something like an eagle or dragon. It looks a little like a symbol of the Holy Roman Empire.

As for Velstra,  it's probably a bit of a caricature, but a silver/gold cup or chalice surrounded by green grapevines, maybe a few purple/reddish clusters of grapes would work.

Glitt... I'd go for a ferocious-looking wild boar like:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/367184175861467179/

Or

https://image.shutterstock.com/z/stock-vector-stylized-head-of-a-wild-boar-silhouette-of-wild-boar-head-for-tattoo-or-stencil-404703187.jpg

RPG

The canon Coat of Arms the members of House Glitt established is a boar.

It'd be something weirder but the House's drunken weirdness is only one generation old.

Edit: I like CorstoTerrore's second link cool stuff
That's my purse! I don't know you!

Emerald, Ruby and Steel

This is the actual heraldic coat of arms of Mecklenburg and it should def be Glitt's

Scrappa-yeti

Okay, so boar for glitt?

Grail for Velstra?

Angel wings for Nephezar?

And, err, totally a horse not a unicorn for Orza...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR64tZ00JIo

Any artists who want to whip a cute little image which can be used on letterhead and other prettiness? Otherwise I will have to cannabalise images from the interwebs.

I will still turn the picture into a seal for the house if you do drawn one for a house.

CorstoTerrore

Scrappa-yeti

Also, looking at coats of arms, I see that it is actually quite traditional to have a motto.

It isn't just a GoT thing, apparently.

However, would it remind people too much of GoTs if we added a motto to the coat of arms?

If not, suggestions welcome.