Marked By Eight (Ringrunning+Necromancer Concept!)

Started by DarkThingsAtDarkNights, April 15, 2019, 12:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkThingsAtDarkNights

The Marked By Eight!
What does it mean to be marked by eight? Well, to those who did their reading on the nine faced god, it is often a phrase utilized with any of the nine faces to suggest one is marked by what that face represents.. And what does 8 represent? Life! Death! Immortality! And Eternity!

Now, these marked by eight are intended to be ones who focus on the death, immortality, and eternity aspects. Yes, very much necromancers, no, not particularly specific to the nine-faced god in theme, the name itself mostly a reference to the nine-faced god himself in a way that is easy for many denizens of the rings to understand.

So what will the marked be doing? Ringrunning! Utilizing their undeathly strengths, they will be attempting to push deeper into the rings, convinced without a doubt that the keys to further power, not just rings, lay deeper in the mysteries of the bizarre city they have awoken in, and that the eternal unlife they seek can be found along the way. Lot's of seam hopping, and hopefully many hours spent puzzling over the many rings challenges, and overcoming them.

Additionally, they will have a vested interest in securing a stronghold somewhere (~mysterious~) deeper in the rings so that they might do their work unbothered, or at the least, where they are strongest. They intend to find the darkest secrets of undeath and necromancy, and sadly for the people of the rings, they are fresh materials, and more often than not, standing in the way.

Any evil undeathly themed faiths are okay, or necromantic spins on things like the eighth face of the nine faced god, Yevethax is fine given you can spin it into the group, however for a solid single patron for the group, I don't intend for there to be one off the start, as through the mysteries of the rings, and planar seams, who knows what forces these necromancers may come to serve.

That also leaves group goals rather open. I pondered over goals for a necromantic group like this, and I couldn't find one that made true sense as to why it would be to terrorize people beyond just doing their work and when they get in the way, thus I wanted to leave the potential for massive goals or group  goals to develop over time, or through plot-progress regarding the many possibilities in the rings, and in the meantime, run the rings, and do their necromancer stuff while trying to gain a foothold in the city.

Feel free to have all the individual goals you want of course, and as to a few suggested details, as I don't plan on revealing all here! If you want to know more, pm me on the forums, and i'll be happy to get back to you.

Suggested Alignment: Any Evil (Preferably NE)
*Good won't survive, neutral will likely end up evil inevitably.

Suggested Classes: Sorcerer, Cleric, Bard, Rogue, Fighter/Barbarian
*Currently playing a Sorcerer myself (And I do intend to eventually app for palemaster),  could use a solid rogue, melee-class, and a necromancer cleric, but I will accept any class with open arms. More Sorcerers ofc=more undead, I can't really complain.

As one can imagine, this will not be a easy concept for new players, it is likely to earn heavy ire, and conflict from basically anyone but the necromancers themselves, because necromancy. The group for starters is not based in any one part of the city, and eventual discovery is not only expected, but encouraged in time, but out the box, naturally, secretive if it can be managed.

If you want to join up and have idea's for bigger, greater goals, I'm delighted to talk about them. I'm already IG myself, and looking forward to undeathly shenanigans and ringrunning.
Run Like Death Is Behind Thee