Add more Prestigious items to quest drops

Started by Blue41, May 12, 2019, 12:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue41

Take this with a grain of salt as I def haven't done every quest and more are being added- just my perspective here.

Would it be possible to add more items of prestige as rewards to quests in general? Obviously it may not make sense to add them everywhere, but considering they are both an items of value and sources of conflict for PC's, I wonder if it would do any harm to make them more accessible beyond a few of the lower-level quests. I'm playing a Peerage PC at the moment and I haven't really had the chance to see many items of prestige, as the main source seems to be the Dispensary--which happens at random and requires you to be ready to go PvP-wise.

It could be that they're meant to be limited because there's little interest in seeing every Retainer waving around a Veteran badge, but if the alternative means being glued to the ig-sendings Discord channel ready to log in at any hour...maybe there should be other options?

RandomTosher

Speaking from experience, there are at least six quests in the rings that drop "Prestige" items , with a level cap of 7. I can't say more, or a giant woofer might come after me.

That said, I haven't come /close/ to exploring the server. I am /sure/ that there are non-pvp orientated ways of acquiring prestige items.

But... More is always an option, and a question of balance, I think! Some of the more challenging quests could drop one, occasionally?
Tosher since day one.

I love cats

There is so much prestige loot available.