Stannis Ironblood

Started by SovietGrowlithe, May 19, 2019, 10:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SovietGrowlithe

So the Story of Stannis Ironblood comes to an end. He lived longer than my last character and he was certainly an interesting play. From the second day of creation he became an Acolyte of the 100 Scrolls. He had no idea what they were but he saw the Arbiters as a means to bring order to 99. He made plenty of friends along the way and most of them have died or forgotten about him thanks to a certain feast. He turned out much colder than I intended but that's the glory of character development. In the end he became prideful and eager to prove himself. He never did make it in as a full fledged arbiter. He struggled with it often and as he began to get desperate to prove himself, he was done in. The risk one takes when wanting to be the best. Below are the handful of Screenshots that I gathered while playing him.

This was a picture of him attending his second tournament. He didn't partake in it cause he didn't have 'potions' which he easily realized was what someone needed to be good.
[hide][/hide]

Here's a screenshot of him, Alexandra,  Cedric – Who all became friends of his. As well as Rhonda and Dare.  They took on a Troll for a Dwarven lass wanting to avenge her brother not to mention the Army she had at her disposal. At the time he was unaware of the whole 'changelings' thing. He was promptly educated after this and would not step into the ponds again.
[hide][/hide]

Here was the item I obtained from that quest!
[hide][/hide]

Here's a snapshot of the aftermath of Adrian Winespill vs Hafit? I think it was Hafit yeah. It got insane after big fight was breaking out. This stuff sort of enforced the idea that there wasn't really any 'lawmen' out in this crazy 99.
[hide][/hide]

Here's my character sitting in for the Raksasha vote. Writing down all those who verbally voted yes. A good showing of a lot of characters. Most not around anymore!
[hide][/hide]

Here's a shot of Joscelin and Stannis as they went down into the depths of the Crypts to face a horrible evil! A lichling! They vanquished it together but I didn't get a screenie of that.
[hide][/hide]

A small unknown by most fact. Stannis had a loyal hound Karn. Karn was a good boy. He lives mostly in Ninety Seven. Stannis would visit frequently to feed him. Stannis NEVER brought him to Ninety Nine cause he knew he'd likely parish. Hopefully Karn finds a good home now that Stannis is dead.
[hide][/hide]

Lastly not story or plot related and might be a tad spoilerish as it pertains to a certain puzzle quest. But this was as far as I got. I could not bring myself to go anymore. It would take too much time.
[hide][/hide]

All in all. I really enjoyed Stannis. He had ups and down. I had a few RL things come up that caused me to have to sit out a few times, for a few days but all in all it was fun. The character changed so much. The pressures of wanting to be an Arbiter, the Chaos of the Rings and the despair of lost friends dragged him into his roots. Into the man he was BEFORE coming here. So it was quite the journey. Thanks to everyone who tolerated him and rp'd with me. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, for me. I mostly lose.

"Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem." - Joseph Stalin

Grouch

You have more patience than I do brother, I can't do the puzzle quest after 6 rings.

I just don't have the patience, well done.
Things will never be the same (I've applied too much ketchup to this hamburger)

goate

Cheers SovietGrowlithe, I enjoyed the small amount of time I spent with Stannis.  Playing  LG in EFU is never easy, but you stuck with it.

KaedweniKnight

I've always seen you from a distance but I admired your character none the less, you had a ton of patience for things man.