Freedom of Movement and King's Gifts

Started by Easy To Remember, June 10, 2019, 08:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Easy To Remember

Freedom of Movement allows you to run with the King's Gifts. Whether or not this is a bug, it seems likely that it's definitely a bug that the flag and all indication you're carrying the gifts vanishes along with the movement speed debuff.

Scumlord Spiffy

Yea...pretty sure that is definitely not intentional.

SkillFocuspwn

Freedom of Movement is hardcoded to remove any and all movement penalties; it is unlikely this is fixable.

Scumlord Spiffy

What you can do is have the King's Gift absolutely strip any and all buffs while holding them. Kinda like Red Star Disciple? Prevent buffs from being cast on you.

Grouch

That doesn't work for things that have permanent freedom though and I think you are vulnerable enough when you pick up the gifts without being full dispelled.

Things will never be the same (I've applied too much ketchup to this hamburger)

Dillusionist

What, exactly, gives Permanent freedom? Any kind of Immunity like that should not exist on EFU.

Easily solution is picking up the gifts to dispel freedom and stop the spell from working on someone holding the gifts.

Grouch

Things will never be the same (I've applied too much ketchup to this hamburger)

Tala

Just an FYI that Freedom of Movement effects will now be removed once picking up King's Gifts, and casting the spell won't work on PCs that hold it.