The Herald of the Godsblood

Started by Tulwyn, June 28, 2019, 12:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tulwyn

With the return of Ciriaco, a man Harren never met but heard much of, there was only one bold thing to do, as Harren was prone to. My entire inspiration behind him was a political force that strengthened the characters of others through a firebrand rhetoric and a lot of fictional storytelling that he came up with on the fly. A very stalwart faithful of Pzatharun, Harren spent the first seven days of his life in the city following his whispers. This brought him to life in the Ponds, where he began holding sermons and telling stories of 'His' reckoning (https://www.efupw.com/forums/index.php?topic=694108.0).

The God he followed was soon named. After coronating the Rat Queen as the Godsblood and Queen of Benevolence, he considered himself worthy of uttering Pzatharun's name finally. The Godsblood was a term he coined to identify any PC or NPC with strange or changeling features. Examples were Verata Bosque, the very first 'Godsblood' he ran into in the city, and Ahsra Ashworthy, the Rat Queen, Pzatharun's champion anointed by Harren himself.

Along the way, Harren made a good number of short-term and long-term enemies. He made an enemy of Aunrae the Feral during his short-lived and treacherous tenure with the Colony of Phelansburg as its First Colonist. During a moot he rallied in hopes of clamoring support for the colony, he was struck down by her in a rage. The next day, he called her out and challenged her to a duel to end his nickname the False Prophet. He lost, of course, but what occured that day...was glorious. Pzatharun himself made his presence known, and blessed Aunrae in her victory. The sky was thunderous, and the showing inspired the Pondfolk to rise up and oust Elrich Khaum from the Sunpurse Manor.

He was to hang in Ring 98 for all to see. His last words halted by the choking of the noose around his neck. He was ended by a sword in his chest, delivered by the Inquisitor. Will this make him a martyr, or will his name be forgotten in the annals? The Pond stirs. And his Queen...

His Queen mourns.

(More screenshots to come as I gather them and organize them all! Thank you to everyone who made RPing in the Ponds a ton of fun. Special thanks to the Rat Queen for giving my character much more leeway and freedom in his religion, and I hope his legacy turns your PC to a great path! He watches. I hope you enjoyed him. He was supposed to be a much more mad and fiery preacher, but I did my best and he ended up being just slightly more diplomatic and wise)

Scumlord Spiffy

I really enjoyed your sendings. A+

The Rat Queen

A+ Love every interaction/Sending. His fiery nature brought a lot of life to the Ponds!

Definitely will be missed.

Random_White_Guy

The sign of a good villain, or antagonist, or anything is the amount of people that he draws the ire of.

Harren was a textbook shit-stirrer. From early on to make a name for himself with his firebrand preachings about the Godsblood and wildly heretical praises of chaos and madness and transformation, to abusing our desire for peace to his own ends, to ramping things up to become a large force behind the Ponds, and ultimately being first in line to spit in the face and draw blood of a man many have talken of robustly. Burn the candle from both ends, light a crazy number of people's hair on fire, make waves, and watch the chaos ensue.

A shame our interactions came so close to the end of his arc but it was a beautiful textbook pursuit of making a big splash, short lived, burn hard PC.

[7:17 PM] Leore: Thought I'd be BOLD

And bold you were, good luck on the next one.

[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

goate

Very cool concept.  I was stoked to see his first forums posts and sendings basically proclaiming ponds residents and monsters, tieflings and changelings as team evil and proud of it.   I hope he's set a precedent.