Stuart Sparrowbroth

Started by Cruzel, August 02, 2019, 03:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruzel

Short lived but had a blast.  Thanks to all the peoples who hung out with Stu.

Probably the only app pc I've ever had where I managed to check off every goal set in the app.  For the people who asked me what his deal was, here's his app

[hide]GSID:  Birb Stew

Playtimes :EST Evenings/Late nights

I am applying to play a relative of the Sparrowbroth brothers who run the Inns in 99, and be employed with the Spinning Groat.  I am also applying for the Arcane Mimic perk.

Stuart Sparrowbroth. He will be a Chaotic Neutral Human, Polytheistic follower of Pzatharun and the Nine faced.  Age would be between 19-30 (IDK Drayson/Silas' ages? Will discuss with a DM for appropriate age if approved)

Background:

A Nephew of the Sparrowbroths, he was always fond of Drayson and the chaotic environs of the Spinning Groat and those who'd gamble to win or lose their fortunes there. This love of gamblers and their ways cemented his faith to the chaotic small gods. Rather than prayers and words to show his devotion, he revels in getting others to gamble over trivial and dire matters alike to put themselves at the mercy of such gods. His talent to absorb and copy magic leaves him with something of a rush, and he began to seek out stronger magics and casters much like an adrenaline junkie always seeker greater thrills. After a time spent running the rings with some ragtag peerage group and having little success, he decided to return to 99 and seek employment with his uncle, Drayson.

Goals:

Foremost, I'd like to be the event guy for the spinning groat. A brewing PC seems ideal for this because I can use profits to throw lots of little events with free entry and decent prize purses to incentivize impromptu fight nights without needing a DM, on top of bigger events. The peerage is a fairly quiet hub, since most of the PCs linger around ticker and the open door instead. I'd like to try and churn up more activity and get more people into the gambling side if I can. Maybe offer bonuses to the amounts people win playing the scripted games.

For brewing, I'll ask everyone if they want to roll 1d9 for the shot at cheaper/at cost potions for that batch, at the risk of paying more if they roll unfavorably. If they choose not to roll, I'll charge them a slightly higher base cost than other brewers.  Maybe pay Orzans or other bandits to rough up other brewers and get them to raise their prices as well so that mine are the best either way.

Mimic seems perfect for this kind of pure chaos concept. At dispensaries, I'd make sendings announcing the spinning groat will observe and enhance the spectactle by offering to provide magic to whoever comes to the statue of the king and rolls 1d9. Maybe just buff or debuff people at random, to help out an underdog if someone tries to solo or two man a fullbuffed group. Whatever makes the fight more spectacular to watch for everyone present.

FWIW* I don't intend on playing him as a melee crushbot, sequencing divine power, or questing/seaming all that much past level 8. [/hide]