The Cloister of the Four Gates

Started by Random_White_Guy, August 26, 2019, 08:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

(take two)

[hide=Background]Having parted with The Renunciation, an exotic and foreign religion local to the City of Rings with a pursuit built upon the suffering of all upon what is known as the Razors Web, Alrahim Khora shortly served as Inquisitor of the King's Royal Court. He was ousted from the position for seeking a more measured approach of reflection and contemplation on the King's wishes. Wandering listlessly for a time he came upon the Rock Stocks of Ticker Square, a place where criminal sentence once leveraged by the Stonebuilders Guild. With their Contract sundered and the Stocks abandoned, Suicide Rahim has taken place among the Stonebuilders seeking the challenges of rebuilding their forces.

Having faced four challenges which could have ended in his permanent removal from the material plane in brutal death, tied to each elemental force, he claims to have unlocked the "Path of Four Gates" - willing to pass on his teachings to those willing to learn, to suffer, and if need be face the challenge of death to push themselves beyond their limits.[/hide]

The Cloister of Four Gates

QuoteThe First Gate: Fire, Passion

The Second Gate: Air, the Mind

The Third Gate: Earth, the Spirit

The Fourth Gate: Water, Ki

I wanted to keep things a little vague so there could be interpretation and debates IG but at the core I'm hoping to try and build an amalgamation of a PC faction catering to a classic mixture of Monkish flair and discipline bleeding into other classes.

- I've always loved drill sergeant style RP so training with a Weapon Master pursuer would be great since my PC has all weapon profs can help anyone!

- Soldier types looking to mobilize with the Stonebuilder's resurgence but with a classic "Peasants trained to be a rebellion" vibe.

- Bounty Hunters or Assassin types seeking exotic and intense training League of Shadows style.

- Sorcerers seeking to help build an almost "Orza v Butchers" level rivalry over mastery of Elemental Power vs Blood and Angelic Magic.

- Wizards seeking non-traditional paths.

- Monks looking to do classic monk things like walking the earth or street-fight showcase displace or philosophic debate and be karate bros.

Feel free to drop a line IG or hit me upon Discord for more information!
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Random_White_Guy

After recent developments, the Cloister shall be also undertaking Ring Running.

Newer PCs in particular who are interested in cutting their teeth on the Ring Running experience who haven't gone too far are more than welcomed.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips