Auntie Jo/Squirrel

Started by Blue41, September 12, 2019, 10:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue41

This character concept was not planned out very well or for very long, and I couldn't have imagined what would become her arc.

Quoteblue41--05/22/2019
I think I will make some matronly grandmother wizard
Vaguely absentminded
Doting, drawn to Glitt because she's drawn to lost causes
Maybe lost a son or daughter to war

And so Auntie Jo was born. (credits to SqtCommander)

Auntie Jo put on a lot of hats.

She spent time in the Mongrelwoods, running from werewolves and Morghouls.
She spent time in the Ponds, serving as faux Groundskeeper for the council of Phelansburg.
She spent time among each of the Houses-and got along well!
She was an author, a farmer, a herbalist and a Transmuter (of course).

And somewhere along the way as she learned more of the Peerage and its curious view on 'Changelings' (which in her mind, was simply Transmutation by another name), she started to get resentful--of the King, the Houses, and the City of Rings in general. And when an opportunity arose to change herself and her situation, she leapt at it. Reborn as 'Squirrel', a Changeling of a different stripe, she resolved to rebel against the King's rule in whatever small, effective ways she could find. Eventually, this would culminate in her study on seam sickness, and seeing it as a means to escape the endless cycle of awakenings in the city of Rings, she chose to succumb to it- and to see what waited beyond the Pale door.

At some point, my intention with this character was to try to give wizards, or perhaps just transmuters, the same sort of reputation that necromancers and diabolists enjoyed  in previous chapters--people to be wary of, even when they were on your side. I'm not sure if I managed it, but I had a good time seeing her through, and documenting her slow descent into madness.  Thanks to everyone who I ran into along the way.

Screenshots in no particular order.

Wench

Auntie Jo was an absolute delight and even more so a warm welcome to GLITT!

The stories you told and lore you made for the forums was outstanding and I still read them to others IG.

Jo was an amazing PC to pal around with and was very missed when she left.

I hope we get to play together again sometime!  ;D
Feed me my kid cuisine meal, or I will say the F word.

if she's your girl then why does her leitmotif appear in my battle theme bro  :/

Random_White_Guy

It was a joy and privilege to spend so much time in the old manor just talking big dreams for the "Colony" that just never panned out, but couldn't have survived it without you!
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Aethereal

I didn't see this coming, in part due to having missed some later interactions with Squirrel before her final moments but well done on depicting the dark side of wizardry in such a unique way (transmuter/changeling/rebel) especially without going the overtly mad or evil path but more gradually and through an angle that would (up to a point) still allow for IC scholarly debate.

A brilliant ending and great screenshots too.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

Nazey

An enigmatic character that I greatly enjoyed interacting with across two different characters. Josefina added some more weight to the ongoing plots in Glitt, even long after she had left the house.

Good show!

Pandip

I barely even got to see her from afar, but I did get to travel with Squirrel in those last two nights and I was very happy to be able to do so. Thanks for adding such a nuanced and interesting character to the world. What I got to watch was a delight.

MAGIC

I really enjoyed the Glitt stories she told in the hall on my short lived glitt butler...

I feel it's a shame that I didn't get much opportunity to interact with her as squirrel.

cmenden

I always love your PCs, blue, and Squirrel was no exception

Thank you for some very cool RP scenes!

Scrappa-yeti

A really good story arc. Your character changed in interesting ways as the story progressed. That is a rare skill.

Great character.

Garem

Super dope. Great transformation.