Merredith "Merry" Winespill

Started by Cat, December 19, 2019, 02:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cat

Merredith Winespill was my second character for this chapter, and my most fun one I've had in playing on EFU.

Merry was a very sheltered girl, having been born from a woman who felt scorned by the fact she was not the primary choice for Lord Norbert Velstra. Her mother manipulated and filled her head with all sorts of lies and things to ensure that Merry would want to never leave home and always be loyal to her. Unfortunately for her mother, she grew ill and passed away, leaving Merry to be able to set out on her own life. And so she left to go to the Peerage, and join Velstra.

Her ultimate goal was to have her father recognize her, and in death she made that dream.

I had always tried to picture what I would say when the day happened I find there's not much I can say! So here's some of the screenshots I saved in my time. I'm too lazy to resize them so sorry if they are huge.

[hide]
Meeting Dad

Annette, her favorite sibling

She had many drunken talks with Hawthorne

Many people were against her ties with Visimar, but the sheltered woman wouldn't listen.

Maxwell helped push her towards the path that she ended on, and she never had a single regret.

The drama with it all almost tore her and her family apart.

Burying a dear friend, Aleksiej

She tried her best to stand by Visimar even when it called being in awkward places.[/hide]

I was given a second piece of loot today but didn't screenshot, so here's the other I had, that was very dear to me.
[hide][/hide]

And so ends the tale of Merry.

Random_White_Guy

Our unexpected friendship was a great highlight of Ebersol, particularly since he was so detached and didn't care what she did. Hadn't anticipated the result would be drunken advances, curled up on the rugs of his tower crying, or trying to get him to play therapist while he gave her selfish and bad advice.

Great arc though seeing her go from wannabe Knight to wandering listlessly to trying to be the power behind the throne.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Cat

Was given permission to share these screenshots, so here's some gutwrenching moments of what has happened after. I can still feel my heart breaking.

Thank you to everyone who helped share my story.

spice mage

Merry, my friend. You will be missed :(

Arc

Merredith was, by far, the most interesting social topic on the server to read letters/notes/whispers on. And few characters can tear shit so asunder with their mere death. Ripples and all that shit. Damn good work.

Holy_Rage

One can only wonder at the quality of roleplay and the aesthetics involved in the playing of Merredith, in order for her to have created such a huge impact and memorable series of events on the server. The screenshots are heart-wrenching and it is obvious that Merredith was a true and gifted storyteller's tale.

Bravo.
Current PC: Nardic

Last Cold Tome

Well played! An excellent quality PC who kept the best traditions of RP on this server alive. Keep up the good work!

Loops

I'll miss Merry. Looking forward to your next.

Pandip

Merry was a really triumphant return to the server and the reason why I made a character for House Velstra in the first place. I greatly enjoyed getting the chance to play with you again and can't wait to see what's next. It was impressive to see you really plant your flag these last few weeks, even if I only got to watch from afar most times!

Thanks for making so many of my nights so interesting. <3

Aethereal

Well done, Cat. Well done. Thanks for sharing those screenshots and the moment of mourning at the Vale too. Such an excellent story so full of emotion and character; though it was a bittersweet tragedy. Merry leaves an impressive mark on the server, with the ramifications of her death yet to play out.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.