Andrea Nes

Started by Loops, December 27, 2019, 04:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loops

Andy got a good ending, doing what she believed in, giving her life so her friends could be safe. If you asked her a few weeks before, she'd have never admitted she'd go so far to save Visimar, but times change. He, Alaethe and Vashti got away from what appeared to her to be a Changeling and Knave attack, so she'd have been happy with the end result.

Andrea Nes was raised a member of The Cult of the Dragon, one who ran away to try and get a better life. She aspired to be the opposite of everything her parents brought her up to be, though her awakening left her unable to remember why she fled them. In the course of her adventures, she made great friends, travelled the Rings all the way down to Sixty Six, denied the influence of evil dragons, became a retainer of The Grey Keep... All the while she struggled with her paladin oaths and to try and understand the (to her, alien) people around her.

She started off acting childish, because that was how she knew how to act - her parents only let them out of the enclave when she was younger, to accompany her family getting supplies. As she grew older she was expected to be a dungeon thug, a source of some of her crude strength and martial skills. She was slowly gaining in confidence and a sense of honour before she died, and grew to value close friends and confidants.

Originally I envisioned her as Beodda's paladin student, eternally tempted to serve Tchammorar and The Adamantine Vault. Though he 'gave her away' to Velastra - a move that got her seriously ring running. To this day I'm not sure if it was the worst decision or the best decision, saying yes.

:)

Bye Andrea. It was a fun one, though you didn't last very long at all.

Shout outs to all of Dorvant's Daughters - you're amazing and you brought the adventure to life; Velastra, who I've still not had much opportunity to play with this year, but I loved every second of it; Visimar, the Stormchild base and the Knaves, you got her killed but you kept it exciting every day.

I don't have many screenies but here's what I've got.

[hide]

[/hide]

Cat

How to Disappear

It was very sad, and I thought she was a fun character

spice mage

Very fun PC, with a lot of depth I feel like few got to see!

Thanks your playing with me!

Aethereal

That second screenshot is amazing.

Andy was a curious PC, who served a very intriguing role in the Dorvant's Daughters crew and the complicated triangle which had a certain Magus of Invocation at its centre. It was amusing seeing the drama caused by that relationship and seeing her play her role as the quiet protector who had begun sharing more of herself with her companions. It was fun trying to figure her out, and Aethelwine did have some success and things were leading to a very hyped up future interaction which unfortunately never came to pass.

Don't worry, Loops. Andy has been saved from a royal castigation, but who can say why that might be?
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

Autarch

Bye Andy.

Here are some screenshots I took.

[hide]
Originally the idea was to start a ringrunning crew called the Harpers. Because of the cloaks.

One time, we found an unconscious Arbiter in the Scraggleways and everyone did their best.

Andy knew how to have a good time.

I just thought this one was funny.

Much to my chagrin, Loops had Andrea's head changed so when she died, I corrected that mistake. Very sad times though.

Andy was pretty much larger than life. Also just large.

[/hide]