Visimar Stormchild

Started by Lannister, January 18, 2020, 03:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lannister

Visimar was initially just a concept of a mercenary I could pick up and put down whilst going through some busy times at uni before playing more when I got a lot more time. I didn't expect or know that he would become what he did. I have enjoyed playing with you all as him specifically Cat, The DM team, the host of his foes for being excellent advesaries and honestly so many more.

He went from being a LE Mercenary to a LN Lord, shaped by so many characters and interactions. At the start of the concept the only factions I thought he'd ever join was the Merchant's Guild and the Knaves of Ring 99, in the end he joined neither. Honestly, let the world shape you and you'll find yourself on a much more awesomes journey.

I'll try and order the screenshots chronologically.

[hide=Simple beginings as a mercenary in Ticker.]
Mr Dapper

Visiting the Zoo

Visiting Ring 107

Sadly I lost a lot of screenshots from my earlier days, but it was during this era that Visimar rolled five times on the feast for a phial of miraculous water.. Which I did because I was really drunk at the time and it was 3 Am, however it turned out to be one of the most defining points of the PC's life.

He was also a Bonecollector during this time, working beneath RWG's Ebersol, though later he would renounce his ties to the organisation and oppose it, so that no one in his new home would know of his shame.
[/hide]

[hide=Early Peerage Life]
New life, new threads. I had amassed a massive amount of gold during my early days, and it was enough to fund many projects going forward, as well as afford a new look.

First time meeting Aleksiej. He would go on to become Visimar's drug dealer and best comrade. He knew from very early on that he was a knave, but he didn't care, he was his friend. Plus the drugs didn't help.

Akke ran a permadeath quest where I earnt my girdle. This quest was absolutely terrifying. I have no screenshots of the first half, it was that hectic, but imagine the Mongrelwoods on steroids and then being spawned all around you. The objective was to recover a sword and not get tempted to steal it. I was tempted... I really was.

I was so tempted...

Fighting the prisoners of the Sibilant Empire. My game broke through this fight, so all I saw was a T-posing bunch of models sliding around and occasionally dying. It was tense, but fun.

[/hide]

[hide=The Miracle of Life]
After some really persuasive RP IC and Visimar seeing the holes forming in the ship of House Ebersol, he cuts a deal which would change him forever. He would bring Elizabeth Frick back to life. I don't actually have any screenshots of the ritual but I have the before and the aftermath.

[/hide]

[hide=The Peaceful Times?]Visimar buried his friends side by side, in a garden where he kept his broken things. Including where he buried his Bonecollector's pin.

Deciding to join House Velstra, instead of accepting the Knighthood of House Sunpurse.

[/hide]

[hide=Early Velstra Life.]
This is my favourite screenshot of both Visimar and Merry.

Suffering from Errilam Syndome.

Words mean nothing, only vengeance.

[/hide]

[hide=That one time he drank bottle oblivion and went mad.]
The bottle.

The effects? Or were they?

We were thrown back from the void and I was set to 99% planar sickness as a request, what ensued was Visimar being mad for a few days. I really enjoyed roleplaying him like this, it felt so weird as Visimar.

[/hide]

[hide=Burying Eirikr]Eirikr was really holding it together for me, I leant on him heavily, with all the betrayals that happened he was the one true friend Visimar had left. Then he was gone, and without him, the fall comes. Buried next to Aleksiej, in a garden of broken things.

[/hide]

[hide=The Siege of the Grey Keep]Sometimes old employers are a bit clingy... I held the bridge for as long as I could. This castle defence was one of my favourite moments of EFU, it just felt so great and epic. I wish I could do more castle defences like this in the future.

[/hide]

[hide=The End]These were the final moments of Visimar. In a night of spiraling badluck, I had just died down to level 7  and was coming back to log but fate had other plans. Instead, I ended up laying siege to Castle Orza and watching the complete breakdown of the peerage. A fitting last hurrah, for a man who had cheated death so often. At least he would go down changing the world.

The very last moment, frozen in time.
[/hide]

[hide=Assorted Bits] A truly moving moment I got to witness between two old comrades.

Investigating current gossip.

End of DM event group photo!

Largest Crit I have saved, I think I crit a lizardfolk for more though, not sure.

[/hide]

[hide=Loot]
Icy Death both before and after awakening it with the blood of a weapon master.

My girdle earnt from the permadeath event to the crypts of a Mongrelfolk Warlord

My whetstone, earnt from the trove of now deceased Demon Lord Goremlag

His most precious possession

[/hide]

There were a lot more screenshots but they are still spoilers, so I'll keep those buried for now.  Go forth and be awesome EFU.

Axioein

Visimar was an awesome character and made a huge impact on Eirikr. Best of luck on your next one!

SkagHunter

Amazingly influential character who defined Sepitus' life from closest ally to nemesis- and the course of the server for a good portion of his life. Enjoyed watching and having an impact on his arc. Can't wait for your next.

Wakefield

I didn't get to spend too much time with Visimar, but I enjoyed every encounter. It was cool seeing him evolve and grow through so many different situations and influences in his life. Really, really fantastic work letting the world mold you rather than setting in stone. Good luck on the next!

Last Cold Tome

Visimar really defined an era of Peerage history, I love that kind of thing. Enjoyed the special history and interactions our PCs had together! =)

Cat

I very much enjoyed every moment. And I'm grateful for the night you got drunk and rolled at the feast, because I doubt any of this would have happened.

Quarterdragon

I did not interact with you very often but I am glad for when I did.  I have to wonder how things might have turned out differently for us both if we had been able to work together.

Grix

Another brilliant pc in the books for ol'Lannister!

Angvald got to do a lot of interaction with Visimar from the beginning of the character. They went through so many periods of ups and downs together, from being friends, to strangers, to enemies, back to barely tolerated. Still, we managed to get some great adventures in along the way, especially in ring 64. Man Angvald got in so much trouble because of Visimar though! Ho-boy! Hahaha.

We got to do a couple great DM adventures of his time together as well, including a zombie-zoo and the epic trip to ring 107! Glad he got to have an epic finale rather than just getting blinked out. As in the Lannister fashion, make a pc, turn him into a legendary creature, explode him in and epic final scene.

Bravo dude!

Aethereal

An excellent story of a character who was thoroughly mixed up in the various intrigues of the Peerage/Ring 99 but also made it so far as the furthest of the Rings thus far breached! It was also great to see you interact with the lore and deeper narrative of the City of Rings while doing all the above, marking Visimar as one of your most successful PCs so far. Great screenshots too.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.