Drusilla Decia Amadea Illuminata Maera Aspaklaria Peake

Started by Last Cold Tome, March 02, 2020, 09:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Cold Tome

This is a tough thread to make for several reasons.

One: in spite of what my obsessive forum work might have you believe, I am very lazy unless I'm momentarily inspired. Two: I really miss Drusilla and I wish I was still playing her, so it's painful and relucant work to write her obit. Three: so many screenshots, so much to try to explain and tell about her that was never explained or told, so many spoilers to avoid, so many lovely PCs, players and DMs that I got to interact with on this PC.

But I will try -- just not right now! But eventually. I'm going to update this thread at a later time and add screenshots and things.

For now, let me just say that this was the most fun I've had on this chapter so far, and some of the most fun I've had on EfU since playing Alice Fairclow. And like that experience, playing Drusilla was extremely stimulating for my imagination and creativity. The theme that was slowly developed as Drusilla grew -- that of cosmic-horror divination, and chronomancy -- was just endlessly fun to delve into and explore.

This was my first wizard PC ... ever. It was also my first diviner. Both experiences = utterly amazing. So much RP potential here, especially with how this chapter deals with wizards (wizard madness, a scholarly community, potential cabals, etc).

Drusilla's ending is so spoiler-heavy that I can barely mention it, but I do want to say that -- though it was bittersweetly abrupt, it was also beautiful and very much a fulfillment of the original and primary character goal of my PC. That's something I've never really gotten to experience before and I'm very thankful for Halfbrood for making Drusilla's ending very special and very moving.

I don't even know the player or DM identities of even half of everyone who interacted extensively with me on this PC -- Drusilla's allies, enemies, and mental angels and demons. To all of you, a huge thanks for writing stories and creating suspense and mystery together with me. This was enormously rewarding, fun, thrilling and crazy!

Drusilla was only getting started ... and though her influence will quickly dissipate, her achievements be forgotten and her memory fade, I still feel like there are crumbs of a legacy to be found. I'm particularly thinking of the Tenth Faced heresy which, though still in its infancy, remains for future PCs and DMs to toy with if they so choose -- and I hope they do! (A comprehensive adversarium against the Niners was in the works, but Drusilla didn't have time to finish it.)

I'm hesitant to mention anyone in particular because I don't want anyone to mistakenly believe that I've forgotten about them, but I feel I have to single out two people for particular love. The player of Maxwell -- our rivalry was delicious and I regret not being able to see it to its ultimate conclusion which I think could have been potentially spectacular! And Abala, for running the most pivotal and the most amazingly imaginative event, where Drusilla truly came into her own as a diviner and mad wizard.

Thank you, thank you, thank you once again to everyone I interacted with, and thank you to Howland for creating this sleep-ruining, work-destroying, imagination-firing, creativity-spurring machine of insanity.

Last Cold Tome

P. S. She really wasn't a necromancer or an infernalist!

(Ritual killer though? Yes. That one time. >_>)

Cat

Farewell Dreary Drusilla.

She was a great pc, and she will be missed.

Wakefield

I'll miss the smoke-filled conversations and dark mysteries surrounding Drusilla. As brief as character memories are when someone dies, I think her name will last in hushed whispers and unanswered questions. Sunpurse will forever have a bar to reach for in terms of style and influence.

Farewell, femme fatale.

I hope to see you on a new character soon, LCT.

Nazey

An excellently characterized PC that pretty much single-handedly kept Sunpurse relevant after all the post-Tournament characters fell off.  Political Peerage characters are a treasure and Drusilla was one of the best.  Kudos!

Pandip

You are consistently one of the most incredibly fun people to interact with, IC and OOC, and Drusilla was an exemplary example of that. In spite of some of my motivational issues, I always felt engaged with the server and embroiled with political conflict whenever Miss Peake and Miss Frick were plotting (with or against each other!). The amount of effort and creativity put into the heresy of the Tenth Face was remarkable and under different circumstances I would have loved to explore more  of that creepy, eerie, heretical fanaticism that Drusilla so often embodied.

Really just overall super awesome. <3

Axioein

Far to short a time with her. Best of luck on your next one!

Richørd

Oh man.

1. Good character that was like a cornerstone of Sunpurse from my POV.

2. Pushed tons of RP while staying alive through everything somehow.

3. Disappeared in a way that just raises more questions.

GJ! Well done!

Maxwell Artfall

Such an amazing character. The beginning when Max just thought she was exceptionally pious to the Nine Faced God and I was stuck out in the deep rings the one or two chances I had to bump into Drusilla were always fun, and her cryptic notes were such a great little teaser of things to come.

My love of the character tripled after she became the primary antagonist in Maxwell's story, and it was all just because of dumb luck. With my adjusting my sleep schedule to try to catch Ironside when he was online to meet up with the Silver March's scouts I logged in at an hour I'm usually asleep and instead of any Moonspear stuff I got something way cooler by spawning right into the middle of Drusilla flanked by skeletons and chopping one of two dead people into pieces. The odds of that happening the way it did must have been beyond insane but I'm so glad it happened because it launched the most enjoyable portion of the 5 month run of Maxwell's story so far.

Thank God for Vlad and the rest of House Orza for raiding the Temple and freeing you that first time. I kept stalling and drawing things out hoping the Reeve would deus ex machina save you, or someone would attack and you'd invis-escape while we were subduing them. I never expected that the whole Temple would get subdued tho lol.

Drusilla was the perfect villain for Max and appeared at the perfect time. Not only did she indirectly force him to come out as a Moonspear (Which I had been wanting to do desperately for months) starting the proactive and more interesting phase of my app goals, but she was the antithesis of Max in every way. Dru was a fanatic of the one sort of religion Max's would fundamentally oppose. Dru had deep roots in the politics of the Peerage and was like a dark manipulative mastermind, and Max was a fresh faced babe to the Peerage politics attempting to force his way in as a complete outsider. Dru was a retainer to a lordly house with the King's Banner, and Max was a lordly character but with no house or authority. Dru was dignified and cunning, and Max was crass and stupidly earnest.  And neither of them were afraid to flaunt it all on the battlefields of the great sending wars, but we didn't get into physical confrontations except the once so neither of us had to put an end to it.

If I were trying to design a perfect villain for that chapter of Max's story it would have been a character like Drusilla but nowhere near as creative, well characterized, and fantastically played. It felt like being He-Man and having a really awesome Skeletor hanging out in a Gothic tower wringing their hands angrily and plotting with their thuggy henchmen while watching me through a crystal ball. Its everything anyone should ever want in an adversarial character and made the days up until her death the best.

I really wish you had the chance to finish your book. I was really invested in the conflicting religious ideologies and really interested in finally getting a full grip on Drusilla's beliefs. Her heresy was the most exciting part about portraying a Nine Faced God cleric and really helped make me buckle down and really iron out all the details of the faith for myself and make a really fleshed out belief system out of the sniglet of info the wiki offers. Its a real shame to see her go so soon, but it was a great ride.

Drusilla is one of my favorite EfU characters and concepts, and like always you've really impressed me and everyone else. I can't wait to see what you bring to the table next.

-Maxwell Artfall
High Numerologist of the 99th Ring
Scion of House Moonspear

;)

pretty princess of party

Stranger

Ironside

SkillFocuspwn