Sela Muratore: The City Lives, The City Grows

Started by TsunamiWombat, March 18, 2020, 02:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsunamiWombat

Sela Muratore was my first 'real' PC after coming back to EfU from a protracted absence.

The concept was simple: play a cultist who worshiped The City itself as a God, and attempt to promote the worship of The City as a small faith. For some insane reason, I chose a Sorcerer (cultist was right there in the name!) to do it. Her name was Sicilian, as I randomly decided she had originally been born in Sembia. Sela is hebrew for rock, and Muratore is Sicilian for Brick-Layer. Sela was not a native to the city - technically she was an awakened, but she had been brought to the city as a little girl. Orphaned and separated from her family, her sorceress powers manifested in figures of Stone, who came to be her family and protectors. She came to believe that with the Stones rising to protect her, and with the streets of The City twisting and moving, that not only was The City alive but a God and it was looking after her like a benevolent protector. Not many shared this sentiment.

She occasionally referred to The City as 'the pleroma', which is a greek term referring to "the totallity of godhead", or in gnosticism 'the spiritual universe as the abode of God and of the totality of the divine powers and emanations.' This related to her belief that not only was the city a god, it was the ONLY God, and all others were merely manifestations of it. Moreover, she believed not that the City was part of the universe, but that the city WAS the universe - any faded memories of a world outside of it were merely dementia brought on by exposure to the chaos of the elemental planes.

Sadly, my attempts got stonewalled (heh) by the relative death of the Stonemasons as an actual faction, as opposed to when I last played at the launch of CoR. I did get partway into some real dank nasty lore relating to the background of the Stonemasons, the creation of The City, and the origins of the guild thanks to Khazid, and there's some cool stuff you guys should check out if it becomes relevant again.

I was glad for this perma event as a chance to give some closure as my interest had wandered.
Lessons Learned
Next time roll a cleric
Earth Elementals are ass to control
Conjurer Sorcs, while it's hilarious how many minions you can flood the battlefield with, aren't very useful unless those minions are something cool like illusions or planars

[hide=One Screenshot][/hide]

[hide=Character Notes]"When I was young, the stones were my playmates. First it was just a childs playing with rocks, because that was all I had. But soon, I realized I could make them move. They responded when I was frightened, or lonely, or happy. Men made of pebbles and grit, they made me feel safe. Made me feel like I was less alone.  Sometimes they even protected me, or guided me to safety. They were tiny things then, the size of toys. They've gotten much bigger now."

Sela Muratore
Human Sorceress, Lawful Neutral
Str: 14
Dex: 12
Con: 14
Wis: 12
Int: 12
Cha: 14
Concentration, Spellcraft, Lore, Persuade (CC)
EFUSL Priority: Masonry > Herbalism (for making acids, quicklime, cement, etc) > Climbing > ??? (mining???)

Goals
-Gain membership to the Stonebuilder's Guild
-Explore the mystical roots of the Stonebuilders Guild
-Promote the veneration, if not outright worship, of The City itself
-Explore the mysteries of the Runestones, the Golems
-Explore the mysteries of the architects
-Gain mastery over the stone of the city
-Spread the city to other planes or places
-Restore the city to it's proper function

Background: Sela Muratore is not native to the city, being born over a decade ago in the land of Sembia. She awoke, frightened and alone, inside the walls of the city at the age of six. She could not remember how she had got there, nor her family. Since then she has, over the course of her life, gradually made her way further inward of the city - at first only because she had nothing and no one to take care of her, besides bands of nomads or troupes of ringrunners. But eventually because she heard of the famous Ring 99, and the wonderous things that could be found there. A place where the servants of The King, the Cities chosen emissary, ruled. Sela began to believe her sorcerous powers were a gift from the city itself, which she began to in turn regard as a God, believing it to be not only alive but aware, actively providing for her and guiding her passage. Now a young woman, she washes up on a trashpickers scow, the victim of a wreck further out the rings when she tried to use a ship made of trash to sail down the royal canals (it didn't work). Which is just as well, because she has inadvertently arrived where she intended. Ring 99.

The City Lives. The City Grows. The City Provides.[/hide]