All or Nothing

Started by Richørd, March 22, 2020, 08:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richørd

Ticker Square is drowning itself in blood as swords clash,
the Peerage Ward is stuck in a loop of grandeur and complacency
and all the while a Prince watches,
donning a crown wrought of void and darkness.

Hey there! This is an introduction to something I want to tackle on my new character Walter Davis.
Related : https://www.efupw.com/forums/index.php?topic=697195.0

And by the way, I am going to quite shamelessly copy some of RWG's format for this introduction, in case it wasn't quite obvious enough.  ;)  So credit to him for "inspiring" me how to write this.

This is an attempt to coattail the very recent big events of EfU and start a new concept off of it, one of a Paladin trying to rally people to his side as he attempts to get deeper into the Rings.
The ultimate goal is to defeat the Nothing and become heroes. Reaching Ring 1 is second to that.

Who is Richørd, the player?
[hide]Hi there. I have been playing on EfU since September of 2019 and been very active ever since. Before coming to this server I have been playing on and trying out other Neverwinter Nights servers and originally I picked this game up with the release of the Enhanced Edition. So no, I am not a grassroots veteran who has been playing this game for over a decade. I would still consider myself relatively fresh blood, especially on EfU.
I will warn you in advance for when we talk OOCly. I like to make (self) deprecating jokes at times and not everything I say should be taken serious. Though when I have criticism or advice to give I try to do so in a respectful way. I am also known for being a little saltbomb at times, something I usually try to apologize for afterwards.[/hide]

What sort of people am I looking for?
[hide]Frankly speaking, if you happen to be a new player and you have no idea yet about the current metaplot or are generally uninformed about the recent big events on EfU I would wholeheartedly recommend you to not go for Ringrunning as it can be a difficult and crushing experience. Instead you should explore other avenues on EfU, maybe get into the ongoing Bladeboom or thoroughly inform yourself first.
If that's not the case so far so good. I am not picky about what timezones you are in and I welcome anyone, be they relatively fresh blood like myself or a seasoned veteran of EfU. In the end the prefered timezone for us will depend on who signs up (aka. what part of the world they are from). Once something can be discerned I will make another post here, announcing it. I myself am flexible and can adapt to whatever time is prefered.
Please just don't join up if you are playing a throwaway character or if you are already unsure if you'll still have the motivation to play your PC in a week.[/hide]

So what is this anyways, Richørd?
[hide]As most of you have likely already figured out this is going to be a Ringrunning endeavor. It is quite clear cut and dry initially as we will have to go through the process of getting to the first big challenge in the Rings. You know which one I mean. There we will decide on our initial group and then break through to slowly progress through the Rings from there. The plan is, not unlike the Seven Striders, to at some point be completely independent from Ring 99 and it's infighting and politics and join the groups of people that are already within the deeper Rings.
From there on we will have to wait and see what awaits us as we make our way through the City of Rings.[/hide]

Character Restrictions
Alignment: Non-evil, chaotic characters might find themselves at odds. You will be travelling in the company of Paladins.
Race: Non-monstrous.
Class: No necromancers, no blackguards, native druids would likely not be welcome, Awoken druids would have to be discussed case-by-case.

Characters that only wish to join this up to a certain Ring or for a limited amount of time are also welcome but should make that known IC and OOC.
I will also welcome anyone who wishes to join us later on, we can handle that once we get there.

See you all in the game!
Anyone who wants to reach out to me on Discord is welcome to do so. My Discord handle is Richørd#0256

Aethereal

Ringrunning is a beautiful experience that is and should be its own reward of discovery, accomplishment, and expanding horizons. Especially taking it slow and enjoying every Ring by Ring the way Richord and RWG are advocating.

Richord's first PC joined mine breaking through one of the toughest hurdles of Ringrunning and I can confirm his flexibility timezone-wise greatly helps with coordinating the effort. I'd also say the player has become a lot more familiar with the server now, more mature in their approach to EFU but also patently aware of their character flaws (and attempting to improve or make the best of their situation) as this post suggests.

By the looks of it, if you're interested in a righteous/honour-bound paladin fueled charge into the Rings with all of the challenges that is going to inherently come with, this may make for a unique venture. I perceive it as perhaps a group of knight templar heading out on a long inquisition or errant knights questing for greatness.

Ideally, make your PCs and let things organically develop, however! I'd say treat this more as the existence of a possibility you could veer towards on a character if it seemed suitable rather than specifically building for it.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

Aethereal

That is to say, backstories of how characters meet each other, those little encounters, possible clashes, or outright bonding are key to the experience. Do not skimp on any of that! It'll be better for your own enjoyment and that of the group dynamic in the long term.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.