Mairead GLITT GLITT GLITT

Started by Wench, March 31, 2020, 03:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarterdragon

This is one of the few "obituaries" I am happy to see.  I am thrilled that she achieved a positive outcome for House Glitt .  Even though I didn't get to see much of her third act, even from a distance it was beautiful.

RPG

Amazing character that spanned such a huge chunk of time. She was immediately a compelling and entertaining character from the start with her bombastic personality and drunken shenanigans the entire server was in love from moment one and I wish I had more of a chance to interact with you back then. As things unfolded she had a meaningful character arch that proved Mairead to be one of EfU:CoR's most dynamic PCs whether by design, IG developments, trying to keep the character entertaining for yourself, or a combination of them all hers was a compelling story to follow where any single moment she could be plucked out and be a uniquely defined version of herself. She was a truly 3-dimensional character that wasn't bogged down in the details of trying to be complex and 3-dimensional and losing the engaging aspects that make a character enjoyable in each moment, which is something I think most players constantly try to achieve but don't always manage to grasp and rarely as well.

As a player even as RL would pull you away for stretches of time both player allies and DMs involved with your character were always willing to come back and pick up where things were left off for the obvious reason that Mairead was a character enjoyable enough to be worth returning to, and sticking around for, and that's something that takes more than a strong and interesting concept. You were the heart of an interesting story, and created a rich engaging character to fill that role in a way that no one else could have. I regret that I wasn't able to interact with her during her more bombastic early days in which most of the playerbase fell in love with the character, but I really enjoyed the small amounts of interaction toward the end which even though they were few were very important to the final days of one of my longer lived characters. If it isn't obvious by the following of characters and the regular interactions from DM NPCs your character was hard not to have enjoyable interactions with, and you should be proud for not only what she accomplished but more for what you accomplished in breathing so much life into Mairead as the author of her character and for the enjoyment you brought and will definitely continue to bring to our game world and our online community.

At the end of the day we're here on EfU for a unique type of fun you only get here that's hard to define, and you've got a talent for providing it. Keep kicking ass, new kid.
That's my purse! I don't know you!