The Grey Marches: If you build it...

Started by Random_White_Guy, April 01, 2020, 05:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

They will come.

The House of Fynn
The Barony of the Grey Marches

[hide=Background]After a wild journey first chapter of the Seven Striders, now regrettably five, has come to an end. What began as a tale of a raggedy band of fugitives and outcasts has, in a classic twist, flipped on its head after the saving of the House of Glitt from shadowy doldrums. Deep within the Rings and overnight a great deal has changed for them. Trying to strike while the iron is hot communications have already been dispatched and tensions spiking. The House of Velstra sending no small threat over their claim of ancestral lands.

As ever a tempest on their heels! Talk of bounty hunters, shadow armies, and more. Running for so long, from so much, the insular band so quick to tell people to "Fuck off" now find themselves in uncomfortable position. Seeking the aid of others. A new chapter begins as gaze drifts both in and out the rings from a position none ever anticipated after their many long nights camping by the roadsides...

A place to call home.

A land governed on their terms, with overlapping interests from many angles of Ring Ninety Nine and Ninety Eight.

How long that chapter endures remains to be seen...[/hide]

After a long and wild adventure our band of fugitive turned-redeemed Ring Runners has taken another in a number of unexpected turns and found ourselves capitalizing on a situation for a band of travelers to at long last find a home.

To embark with return to Ring 99 as little as possible was an experiment in many ways I'm thrilled to see succeeded. DMs and PCs alike responded in ways I had never expected and it was really fun to see the Seven Striders story I had painted in my head come to fruition in so many classic "Fantasy" style tropes. We literally helped a Princess save her father, and it can't get more fantasy adventure than that. But we'll try.

It lead to some of the most wholesome and indepth RP i've ever experienced on a character in all my time on EFU as so much emphasis was placed on survival away from the Hub, so much effort on our band relying on one another and just a whole lot of experiences my usual PCs don't often encounter.

And as the chapter for our characters changes to something new I'm pleased to try and open the doors to a number of other individuals far beyond seven, across All Timezones instead of our insular late night US band.

The Barony of the Grey Keep will be opening its doors to PC Retainers, similar to the past efforts of Velastra Quarterdragon and her traveling retainer Andrea.

House Fynn is now open to recruits and a great deal of IC and OOC logistics are going into trying and develop IC caravan trains up and down the rings, encouraging more Ring Runners to strike out be it for whatever reason, and overall just fleshing out more character's tales.

Alignment: Any, though Non-evil and more neutral grey to fit the style the most.
Race: Peerage based Retainers, Human. Ring Running based negotiable.
Classes: Any. Changelings included, though Non-Polymorphic builds would be requested.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Random_White_Guy

Current PCS are welcome but a few potential concept ideas.

The intention is to try and basically use the rings as a Bridge, building a presence in the rings to goad people out but also having a small, dedicated foothold in the Peerage if it can be achieved.

This allows for a variety of PC concepts up and down the city.

For the Peerage

- An oathbreaker of Moonspear's abyssmal march who fled while others perished, seeking to strike new purpose in the fledgling house among the Peerage Ward.

- A Ranger wandering the outer rings on behalf of Arnbjorn of the Striders, Warden of the Greywood, securing favor and more for the House with the Royal Huntmaster.

-An Oathsworn of the Lady in Waiting hoping to redeem and civilize the uncouth Lady of Coin, Aketchi Mitsu, journeying deep to find her.

-A Gladiator and Duelist of the Spinning Groat Arena seeking to find patronage among the Baron's force, a known and publicized member of the Anphilious Society.

- A brazen squire seeking to become a questing knight to cut a bloody swath through the rings to earn Knighthood among  the Grey Keep, and return to the Peerage to attend affairs.

- A fledgling Magus seeking great influence in the Outer Rings as a Vizier, hearing all manner of tale of the Strider's darker pasts.

- A wealthy youth Suitor of Lady Sunpurse seeking to capitalize on the promise of Caravans to and from the deep rings to the 99th, striking deal and fortunes to pay off the Lady's debt for her hand in marriage.

Ring Runner Concepts

- A diehard fan of the Rumor Mill seeking Ormund Crowley's autograph before Bounty Hunters catch up to him.

- A Changeling fleeing the Inquisitor's domain striking deep to find Esther Dawnbloom, Groundskeeper of the Grey Keep.

- An oathsworn of the Order Fidelitous seeking to swear to Baron Fynn after witnessing he and the famed oathsworn Captain Genoof Glitt side by side crashing the gates of the Peerage to free his Lordship

- A heavily indebted man of Ticker Square fleeing and seeking fame and fortune among the so called Ring Pirates.

- A traveling priest upon hearing of civilization deep, spreading his gospel far and wide in search of a shrine erected in the deeper rings.

Loops

Hi,

Hope you don't mind me posting here. I can whole heartedly recommend the Seven Striders for some fantastic RP out in the rings. Whatever your character, they all work hard at making it meaningful to live and adventure out where so many characters avoid or overlook. My time with them was too short. I'm sure I'll see them soon though, one way or another.

;)

Blue41

Running with this group has turned me around on ringrunning.

Don't miss out.

Richørd

SunrypeSlim

This has already been a pretty incredible story; but for me, it's not even halfway through the monomyth and it's already one of my most rewarding characters to play.

You can join in-game, in-character on the forums, or start by pinging RwG.

We've actually already achieved our primary goal, which is getting away from 99: The Striders are Outcasts. That's not a bad thing.

The way I see it, we've transitioned from Goal-based play to Mission-based; We're Metal Gear Solid 5 now.

Existing, in this way, in this time, gives us a chance to RP outside the hub without abandoning it entirely.  It's unprecedented.

So you don't need to help us grind keys, although you may want to for yourself.

Instead, help us with the RP by being a part of it.

Thank you all for taking an interest!
PM me for an apology! :3

Random_White_Guy

This part of our story has ended though our PCs are still alive and kicking.

After a crazy number of days and due to some monumental IG events this chapter of our story ended way sooner than we intended or planned. On paper we planned it to be a month-ish endeavor but EFU has other plans sometimes.

Thanks to everyone that was involved, the folks who reached out ICly to help out or who OOCly sent the kind words.

When another opportunity arises for us to get more people involved we'll probably make some more noise.

For now our small faction continues on another path.

SunrypeSlim

SunrypeSlim

Alignment: Any, though chaotic fits the style the most.
Race: Any non-monstrous, although pretty fire genasi girls might get a pass.
Classes: Any. Keep in mind, life outside the hub is a constant challenge.