Knowledge domain, turn undead

Started by Everlasting, May 04, 2020, 11:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everlasting

The first of the turn undead powers for Knowledge domain ("Empower the Intelligent") doesn't seem to do anything.  At first I thought it was allies only and not the caster, but I've confirmed that there is no buffing happening in any way, to anyone who meets the requirement.

Nazey

I've sometimes gotten the +1 divine damage bonus on my sheet from using this Turn Undead, but I can confirm it is at least inconsistent.  A lot of the time I will see it go off with no actual bonuses, I'll recreate and edit this post today to confirm.

Murray

Does everyone have the 13 INT required to get the buff from that ability?

Everlasting

Quote from: Nazey on May 04, 2020, 12:11:11 PM
I've sometimes gotten the +1 divine damage bonus on my sheet from using this Turn Undead, but I can confirm it is at least inconsistent.  A lot of the time I will see it go off with no actual bonuses, I'll recreate and edit this post today to confirm.

I've never seen any effect (as the caster), ever.

Quote from: Murray on May 04, 2020, 12:21:37 PM
Does everyone have the 13 INT required to get the buff from that ability?

Correct. Even those who meet the requirement see no change or buff at all. I've tested with other PCs, for as I said before I was unsure if it was meant to affect allies only, but alas, nothing happening there either.

Everlasting

An update! When I tried it today, it showed the saving throw boost, +AB and divine damage bonus on the character sheet.  As the dodge AC is not something that would show, I'm presuming the turn undead works!

What I noticed is that it will not fire when the others are in effect, and vice versa. So if the skill bonuses from Scholarly Pursuits are applied, using a turn undead to call Empower the Intelligent will apply no further bonuses. I think this is intended.

TL;DR: no more bug to report if I am correct.