Alciede the explorer

Started by Paintman, May 27, 2020, 04:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paintman

Alciede the explorer,

Born in the peerage. A bastard of Sunpurse and Velstra retainers. Tutored by a Ticker Alchemist who filled his head with stories. An adventurer of the planes who yearned to see an alien sun. But the only strange sun he found was the burning of love in a heart that hungered for more than just alien worlds for the first time. Stolen in that love he surrendered his life to chase a siren into the woods. Sometimes the love of a prospector and a witch can never true. Until dead hands lace together. A story that started small and became the hero he wanted to be. He died how he wanted to. Chasing after something no one else had seen. He found his virgin earth and alien sun, he found it in the sense of what he believed was truest love. A sensation kept and held only by him.

[hide=Humble Beginnings][/hide]
[hide=Wild Purple Yonder?]

[/hide]
[hide=Suicide in style][/hide]
[hide=They come together. No name. No truth but the rings][/hide]
[hide=War starts with a spectrum of color][/hide]
[hide=Science guides us. In all things][/hide]
[hide=Unfettered love][/hide]
[hide=The ultimate sacrifice][/hide]
[hide=A kind of immortality.][/hide]
[hide=Life is more than just sitting somewhere and reading about it. You must experience it. Feel it. Live it.][/hide]

Be bold heroes.

Moonlighter

genuinely touching ending, good job

Murray

Such a wonderful PC, whom Cyril enjoyed many adventures and interactions with. Well done!

LiAlH4

He was an interesting PC with understandable flaws to contrast against his virtues. I enjoyed our interactions very much!

Also, he made the right call in the end. He had a genuinely impactful death. :)

Quarterdragon

Such a sad and unexpected ending.  I'll miss having him to talk to in the Crossroads when I set up shop.

Egon the Monkey

A great prospector and PC. I remember our early meeting, and trolling the other Prospectors over the fact Alciede wanted to EXPLORE STRANGE NEW WORLDS and they wanted to STAB SEAGULLS instead :). He was a fun PC with clear goals and a sense of adventure and principle.

Duna

My character didn't really spend a huge amount of time with Alciede, but I think she knew him fairly well with the limited amount of time spent- Because Alciede was just honest, and unafraid to speak whatever it was he was thinking at the moment.

Alciede was my favorite prospector, and now he's gone. Big sad.

SunrypeSlim

Man, we finally had time! It was tragic, but artfully so. All the way out to 71, we were too peripheral. But, our last five minutes in the fugue were very Black Adder.

o7
PM me for an apology! :3

Cat

I wish I had been able to play more :(