Forty Groat Godfrey

Started by wundyboy, June 20, 2020, 10:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wundyboy

Well this PC was OK.
[Hide= Forty Groat Godfrey Matthws]

[/hide]

Godfrey was my attempt at divine champion of the Nine Faced God. It was a kind of take and give thing with the whole faith aspect, mostly because I was trying to roleplay Godfrey as ignorant to what he was doing and knowing nothing of the Nine Faced God. Essentially, though, his backstory was relatively simple.

He claimed to be an awoken, but, in reality, he was actually a farmer in some backwater alley of the 99th that lived with cultists of the Nine Faced God. These men believed in the heresy of the 10th, and wanted to make Godfrey a man that was dictated by fate itself to lead to its creation.

To do this, Godfrey had to channel the actual divinity of the Nine Faced God, so what would happen is he would have dreams of a number (that I would roll randomly IG), and he would have a 'triumph', like a herculean effort, to complete. So one of them was to explore nine seams, and mark them with the face of the 5th. Another, the mark of the 9th, was to spend ten thousand gold and let probability and chance determine what would happen in the wheel of fire. So on, so forth.

Once they completed their ritual, they knocked him out by sapping him, and dragged him to the 100th. He would wake up, with blood running down his head, and twenty five numerical 'One's marked on his back.  A part of his trial was that he couldn't leave the 99th ring for long, either or he would suffer immense pain, because the idea was that it was him 'stepping out of his fate'- break the threads too long, and even your own soul will be torn asunder. So he was real averse to ringrunning and stuff.

So what does he do? Joins the Sons of Conquest- he doesn't know anything about how he got to the ring, and feels like an awoken. So he wanted to work simple, and make easy money.

How'd he do that? Forty groats. Forty groat for mostly any job. Got a message needed to get passed? Done. Do some adventure? Sure, forty. So that's how he earned the nickname, by asking everyone 'Hey, I'll do it for Forty'.

He was alright, in the Sons. He liked Meatklyff a bit, and got a lot of extra stipend from him, for coming up with a really basic idea. Things were okay, as he travelled a lot exploring the rings...
[hide=Godfrey's a crazy man...]

[/hide]

(There's more of those pictures, but they're repeats that I've posted in my public thread- not going to repost...)

Then, taking one wrong contract, and leading to some dirty business, Godfrey got kicked out of the Square. Banned, for being a mercenary, and working for merely forty groats. I never said Godfrey was a wise man, so he tried to kill the person that banned him. He failed, but was spared, and instead, just said screw the square. He left, and became a man in the Peerage. A mercenary, looking for a way to live...

[hide=Godfrey in his silly gold armor....]

[/hide]

He often cursed his luck. But he had a lot of friends, real good ones too. One of his favorite was Hortigen Lorch, a big, bulbous mage that eventually awakened his inner power, and his eyes would glow blue forever more. Together, they decided to call themselves the Forty Groaters, men who would work for forty groats, any job. Another person, who he always called Stiletto, joined in, and so there was three of them, a mercenary band in the Peerage, working hard and doing jobs.

Godfrey fought in a lot of dispensaries, and Meatklyff and Godfrey seemed to have a rivalry of sorts going on- if there was though, Godfrey was mostly unaware, and was having fun. The captain even invited him to help defend a camp of indentured servants of Tchammorar...
[hide= Godfrey hates his job some times...]

[/hide]

The last few days of his life, Godfrey felt something was wrong- he'd heard rumors that his best friend Lorch was missing, and, after taking in a serious amount of planar energy at a dispensary gone wrong, mostly stuck in the Spinning Gorat, feeling like he was wasting away.

Finally, he was invited to aid in Ticker's defense, a final time. Godfrey figured he could survive the job, but, he vastly underestimated the threat of the Torc. Storming into the resting place of the queen bug, he was skewed down by the elite calvarymen, dying, and failing his supposed destined fate...

Anyway, here's his loot. And that's all for Godfrey Forty Groat Matthews...

[hide=loot]

[/hide]

Moonlighter

pourin out a 40 in his memory

Stranger

Bearic

Mushroom Mushroom

Blue41

Reliable pal- pouring one out for you.

Random_White_Guy

"Toss Fourty Groats to your Godfrey,
O valley of plenty"
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Decimate_The_Weak

rip sweet prince, lorch was godfrey's #1 fan

crestfallen

ring 99 did not deserve him

Red Moon

Lucretia paid Godfrey premium for his service, because he seemed the type to get shit done.

40 in respec.

VanillaPudding

Black_TopHat

I knew no matter what happened, as long as I had 40 Groat Godfrey on my side, I couldn't lose. Great to see a PC with a reasonable price

[hide=Groat FanArt][/hide]

Poolson

A wild child, through and through.

Godspeed, buddy.

LiAlH4

I enjoyed all of our conversations. The man with the Numbers carved into his flesh.

Gordan

Godfrey was a giant asshole and a bully, but he have some freak of a courage, that last stand against trolls in the 95 doring the Peer event was a hell of the run.

I repent we finded ourself in the Other side of the line, i  did not even knew of his dead after a long time in game.... I hated you, but i respected you