Morghoul traps being.. not where they should be.

Started by sankarul, July 19, 2020, 04:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sankarul

In the quest "Dwellings of the Flesheaters", another party member claimed to fall through a bugged hole but I have no clue where.

Later on, I fell through 3 bugged holes.

Once at the entrance to the first pit hole, at the doorway up from it. Just at that bend. No death, luckily enough, as we had just cleared it and were on the way out. No traps there.
Twice at the place I'm attaching to the screenshot. First I THINK somewhere in the red spot. Then, when I took the screenshot of the place, somewhere In the black area. As you can see.. no rugs.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/141680424127692801/734445688754143339/deathx2.png

I guess I lost 7117 xp from the first death and I didn't respawn from the second one yet, so it was a bit of a costly bugfind. :(

Disorder

I am going to reanimate this thread and explain what transpired.

1)Upon walking towards the first "pit" basement, while crossing a corridor that leads towards said pit my pc fell while walking on a  spot where no trapped rugs were.
2) My pc fell in the pit, but not into the closest (1st one), it was the second one. While in it there were no morghouls strangely.
3) Boss' behaviour. Quest boss pretty much charged towards us already having summoned 2 or 3 gelatinous cubes while we barely stepped out of the corner towards a wide area where trapped rags that lead into second pit are.
4) After failing down the pit I experience strange bug I can't quite explain. It was impossible to activate all items that were put in quickslots. Upon the attempt character was locked in an animation, but charges of the items weren't consumed, neither the expected effect happened.

Astegard

From what I hear using WASD to move is the cause of triggering traps.
It can sometimes cause you to trigger a trap that is in a straight line in front of you regardless of walls etc. (NWN EE bug)

In short, dont WASD if you know there are traps.

Wench

Yes, the false pit trap into the second basement is probably the most headache inducing part of that quest.  I'll have to test the WASD thing, I've only triggered the bugged pit fall one time but I feel like anytime I've done it at least someone has randomly triggered it and it has led to a death.
Feed me my kid cuisine meal, or I will say the F word.

if she's your girl then why does her leitmotif appear in my battle theme bro  :/

VanillaPudding

I exclusively use WASD and don't hit these ghost traps. I'd actually say it has more to do with running / sprinting and the terrible engine we have to endure for NWN than HOW you move. Most often I see people sprinting when they hit these traps and their character isn't actually at the location.

sankarul

I can add to this "first pit to the 2nd pit", I have no screenshot of the location, however I've found a spot that I have fallen down twice and  I've seen others fall down multiple times. Ever since I stopped using WASD in morghouls, I never fell into a hole, except for at this one exact location.

It's where you get up from the first pit, at the doorway. You do the U-turn and now, you have the corridor leading up to the first rug location. If you walk on the right side of this corridor, near some of the cluttered mess, then when you get closer to the location of the rugs to the first pit  there seems to be a spot to fall down into the 2nd pit.  I've fallen down this even when walking with mouse clicks. Walking on the left side of the corridor, I've never met this problem.

On the weird boss behavior: every time I saw this thing where people fell down into the 2nd pit from such an early point, then the boss gets weird and summons stuff immediately, so you'll face him long before you reach the 2nd pits, even, which might make it difficult to reach the person who fell into the second pit. My guess is that the behavior will go back to normal if the 2nd pit bug gets fixed!

Disorder

Cubes are not where they're supposed to be. What's funny,  is that boss who conjured them was around his usual spot all the time, in another room.
https://prnt.sc/w4y8n8