Sylar Eras the End [Screenshot Heavy]

Started by -UnholyWon-, September 07, 2020, 09:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-UnholyWon-

Sadly, Retainer Sylar Eras is no more. I really, really hate how things ended with this character, but choices were made. Hindsight being as it is, I should have never gone for the prize offered in the Feast of Folly because it was utterly useless to Sylar, and I don't believe the prize has been useful to anyone else that has held it. It was also a really freaking cool prize though.

Sylar Eras was born in Ring 100 to a fishmonger family, and his father was a piece of work. Sylar's father was bitten by a vampire, and his father took everything the family owned seeking out a witch to cure him. Unfortunately, the potion only sped up the change process, and without the coin to hire a priest Sylar's father rose to take the rest of the family.

Why wasn't Sylar taken too, Sylar was a pretty and youthful lad, and took to pandering to earn groat. Sylar was preoccupied with client's the night his father murdered his whole family. Sadly, several of the other family members were turned, and ran off with their father into the depths of the Rings. Sylar vowed he would hunt the undead and changelings. 

Joining House Sunpurse was an interesting decision, considering he was invited to House Glitt, but Sylar saw something in House Sunpurse no other house could offer, power. I never intended Sylar to take over being on the Council of Peers, even if it was through Ruth Frost, but he started to lean into it heavily. My favorite time was when I talked everyone down from murdering the Lancers, and just having Miriam punished for some crappy decisions. The rest was done with Ruth and I having lengthy discussions about how things should proceed, and stalling the tournament of the banner for as long as possible.

The Feast of Folly was Sylar's downfall, and role playing a 90-year-old man with severe health problems was fairly fun, but the fun faded really fast when it was extremely difficult to do any type of questing. So for reasons I won't share, it was Sylar's time to die.

Thank you everyone involved with Sylar's story, you know who you are, I'm sorry it ended.

I've collected some screen shots of some moments in Sylar's life, enjoy.

This was one of Sylar's first DM events, and it haunted Sylar for a really long time. Also, Sylar would have followed Gwynn anywhere.

Sylar and his trusted panther, Midnight.

Saying goodbye to Dani, what a wonderful character to interact with.

Dani's funeral

Sylar scratching his name on a pillar on Silverpeak

Council of Peers fun, Sylar silently whispering to Ruth how to proceed.

Ruth and Sylar having one of their many Council of Peers meetings, and learning how she survived the Ghylherd attack.

Sylar's attacked by the Ghylherd

Sylar being left for dead in the wilds of Ring 94

Sylar's recovery...

Being found in horrible shape, Kentin and Tarn rescue me. I wish I could have interacted with them even more.

A Clandestine meeting of two of the King's men. So much fun, sadly it all fizzled.

Sylar being given his last rites, and being anointed by Tarn of the Nine Faced God. Sadly this act would pretty much doom Sylar, but save his soul in the end.

A taste of the surgery Redmond performed, and how Sylar endured surprisingly well. 

Discord - Howlando: UnholyWon, an Elder Thing that has crawled from the depths of Chapter 1, many a nature-pc and adventurer played in the past... a rare sighting IG in recent chapters, but perhaps less rare than we realize. Beware his professional insight into the minds of the mentally disturbed.

petey512

He was a good boy, and I'm really gonna miss him.

:(

It was great roleplaying again with you buddy. It's been a long time since the bad old days in lower sanctuary when we were just trying to run a crappy little bar. I'm sorry this didn't end as well as you wanted, but keep it up. At least one of these will have a happy ending.
"Proving concerned parents from the 80's wrong, just in time for them to be dead. "

Sarah123

I must say that I enjoyed the RP with Sylar on both Dani and Ruth. Teasing him was so much fun. Sylar will be thoroughly missed, but I know it was difficult to play him there at the end. I was trying to hope for the best in his case, but it didn't happen.  I look forward to your next character concept and hopefully I get to meet your new character. Well played, well played.

SamB123

Sylar was a great Sunpurse. He wanted power. He was willing to do dirty deeds (FOIG). He was risky and bold without being stupid.

Well done!

Kiaring

Current PC: Acolyte Itziyal Neniarral