Big Dig Energy

Started by Random_White_Guy, September 10, 2020, 05:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

Salutations!

I've delayed putting some OOC recruitment underway on account of I prefer things to develop organically, but with a core nexus of a Ring Running crew assembled I would like to put out a public call in search of two more PCs only who would be interested in traveling through the City of Rings in pursuit of a patented RwG Slow Go of the Rings. The interest shall be to pursue reaching the City of Baz'eel in a story driven, restricted run of the Rings with a few limitations based on IC activities and the current stories being told. There will be utmost care taken to not spoil the rings, individuals who have not seen much of the Rings themselves are encouraged to contact me, and older or newly created PCs are welcomed.

My hope is to begin our journey in earnest on Sunday, by cracking Ring 95 as a group and begin our Ring Running in earnest, so newer PCs have a few days to try and assemble the keys required for passage.

[hide=Background/Scenario]Newly awoken Mercenary and Archaeologist Etzio Algaretti has been making such a noise in the Outer Rings of late. What began as an inquisitive awoken man asking many questions turned into leaving small business cards littered around the Rings like a virus spreading. A treasure chest found in Ring 97 holding no prize but a single small card. An unearthed tomb promising grand treasures in the Ring of Ninety five? Upon the altar a card. The Seam of Earth? A large pit dug and a box within pillaged. Card. Cards upon cards upon cards littered in trash cans, charity chests, and more. Up and down the City of Rings these odd cards found everywhere with the same message: "Got a problem? Looking for the Best? Seek Etzio the Jackdaw."

Rumors abounding of:

- Vast and manifold fortunes found breaking ground in the Lost Kingdom of Agartha in a solo-excavation to some of the most dangerous territories known to the Outer Rings.
- Lavish dinner parties with the Peerage Houses in the wake of being named "Elfio the Elf Slayer" by Lord Nicodemus Nephezar offering entertainment, tales, and hedonistic pleasures as tales told of the Peerage Ward's favored foe's demise: Neamaarca the Wayward.
- Property held in the Steadings of Ring 98 as a butler and other drab-garbed individuals coming and going from Ring 98 to Ring Ninety nine,
- A small collection of dressed Brown and Bronze employees shuffling around various archaeological sites and taverns advertising services for hire.
- Offers to purchase outright entire burgeoning Guilds of Ticker Square.

To learn more of this curious city awoken in, and find grand riches and discoveries, eyes gaze now Kingsward... Towards the City of Baz'eel [/hide]

I apologize in advance but regrettably from the IC recruitment done so far the play times will be mandatory to Evening US timezones, for sake of Ring Running sanity. Preferably with fairly active play times available during week days or weekends.

Primarily at present: One Melee PC and One "Caster" type sought. Given the heavy Phanaxian/Exploratory pursuit a Cleric of Phanax or El the Sprinting Light likely welcomed over other religious candidates.

Race: Non-Monstrous. Warning for Peerage PCs: One member is a Dwarf.
Alignment: Any (Though if a Paladin selected, Non-evil would be required).
Class: Non-Rogue, Non-Druid. Paladins Welcome.

FULL: If things change i'll update this post. Thank you for all the interest.

If a PC involved perishes and we're not too deep into the rings, i'll reach out to others who have contacted about potentially catching up to the crew.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Random_White_Guy

Potential character ideas for One Caster or One Melee/Tank oriented PC:

- A wizard glutton seeking to sample the cuisine of every ring, while his army of conjurations tend his bidding and aid in excavation of digsites.

- A Fighter/Weapon Master that seeks to duel one man in every ring, offering security to excavation in exchange for passage.

- A Bouldermancer Sorcerer wishing to get a Boulder from Ring 99 to Baz'eel in a great feat of Strength

- A Diviner Wizard or Sorcerer seeking to unravel the mysteries of the stars and explore for the famed Astrologer's of Baz'eel

- A Hemotologist seeking to study sorcerous witchcraft and exotic beasts up and down the rings

- An undercover Clocksmith Wizard using Future's Pain and other Time-Magic seeking passage away from the persecution of Ring 99 and find like minded clocksmen deeper

-A Bard wishing to chronicle grand tales and the journey in the Rings in a classic adventurer fashion

- A Cleric of Phanax taking the righteous and holy pilgrimage to the fabled Trade Empire of City of the Wheel

- A Cleric of El the Sprinting Light seeking the highest adventure and racing across the sky to find their lover in a foreign land (for the romance inclined)

- A Barbarian tribesman seeking to prove himself in the challenge of the Rings to discover his Totem in the secret archaeological sites of old

- A Non-Oath Paladin seeking the fabled Deepest Ring Oaths far, far, far into the City of Rings

- A Sword and Board Tank-like Ranger who wishes to Big Game Hunt up and down the rings for Trophy, Profit, and Prestige

- A Houndmaster Dog who wishes leal companions and a fine pack of good bois to run with and to dig in the mud for bones and treats, and his Human companion who rubs his tummy.

- A Transmutation focused Wizard who seeks the esoteric bazaar of Baz'eel for the rarest of alchemical reagents and wonders.

- A shiftless Vagabond Fighter who just likes having some friends to camp with along the road.

- A Bounty Hunter fighter who wishes to claim prizes for the Slayer's Guild in pursuit of those who have fled to the Deep Rings to evade Writ

- A Ranger with FE: Giant who wishes to Slay a TRUE GIANT in the deepest rings and steal its massive treasure.

And more...

Random_White_Guy

Things flooded a bit quicker than planned but some perfect concepts were already found that fit things going forward like a wonderful glove.

I 100% appreciate all the interest, sorry I can't ring run with all of you who reached out, but if you're still looking I fully recommend Checking this out