Steel & Poetry/Webber's optional purchasable AC bonus for light & medium armor.

Started by Poolson, September 17, 2020, 01:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poolson

What?: AC bonuses applicable to studded leather (Webber's Wonders), chainshirts and breastplates (Steel & Poetry)

Why?: Steel & Poetry and Webber's Wonders (or, where ever the NPCs of that have gone) have the unique position where you can make favorable equipment that has a long shelf life, with an iconic image and color-scheme that sets a character out from the crowd. This isn't to say you can't find better in the module, you most certainly can, but if you commit time and effort to save the money, you can make something unique and personal to you.

However, Studded Leather, Chain Shirts and Breastplates fall behind, in that what you can find in the world runs laps around this. I personally think that's a shame, given the robust customization options you can choose from at Steel & Poetry and I'd like to see its full use brought to reality.

How?: When enhancing a suit of armor, typically you are given the option of one save,  two bonuses. On the "save" list, you can find "Armor Bonus +1" for 1,500 gp (as is the price of, say, +1 will saves, or what have you)

Extra: This isn't to game the system, subtract from the themes of EFU or even de-value the rewards of challenging content, for the rewards from those quests far exceed any benefit you could obtain from the custom made equipment. I think propping up more opportunities to use Studded Shirts, Chain Shirts and Breastplates that're made in a specific, personal image would be of great benefit, both individual  character theme, and in the in-game market, wherein creating custom armor is expensive, but raises the value of goods found in the module and gives the opportunity to sell it for those who'd rather not pay the steep sum.

Drink With Me

I would readily second this. I'm always in favor of having a 'look' that follows your character throughout it's lifespan.  I've often taken  them even though there's much better stuff out there but it can't be denied that it would be super helpful at least for those starting off and not having access to a DM quest where there aren't very many different looking chain shirts/breastplates.
If you're evil, and you're on the rise
You can count on the four of us taking you down
'Cause we're good and evil never beats us
We'll win the fight and then go out for pizzas.  - Steven Universe

Abala