Auld Findlay's Glen: A Frontier of Fortune

Started by Random_White_Guy, September 19, 2020, 11:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

AULD FINDLAY'S GLEN

A FRONTIER OF FORTUNE

Hello! While my PCs interest in the region has been in the planning stages for a while with the recent changes to Ring 95's passage (Now a key, not a keystone), the perfect chance is had to unveil efforts to raise an EFU Gold-Rush style Boomtown.

Though nothing will ever duplicate the population or authenticity of the Hub experience of Ring Ninety Nine one of my favorite things in EFU is when PCS are able to really dig into the sandbox nature of the server and try to, succeed or fail, leave their mark on things. Findlay's Glen has long stood as a place many Keyrich PCs would visit either in the pursuit of RP for House Glitt or the famed high-level questing region. For many though it was just a passageway before heading on deeper and further into the Rings.

With the change to the way the Ring Door operates my hope is to turn it into a proper trading post/Outpost for that classic frontier vibe. PCs a bit off the grid, away from the noise of the hubs, coming and going trying to survive or thrive. Ring Running Crews resupplying and doing business without having to trek back to the 99th/Open Door, and offering more of that fringe RP Lifestyle. Rangers, Mountain Men, Miners, Glitt Business, Old West Preachers, Ring Running focused antics, and more.

This is not recruiting for any one faction but ultimately the hope is a more PC Driven effort to build a more robust and fleshed out area to meet up in the rings for either pushing onward or just existing outside the heavily populated 99/98 regions.

A big emphasis on EFUSS Skilled people, RP of taming the wild frontier, and really just building up something from the PC end of things.

Race: Any Non-Monstrous
Alignment: Any
Class: Any
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Random_White_Guy

A few potential concepts:

- Glitt Retainers less focused on Ring 99/Peerage Ward helping Glyph (PC: BAD TOM) and I flesh things out in the 95th/94th

- Hunters of Giants seeking literal "Big" Game Prizes.

- EFUSS heavy PCs of: Leatherworkers/Pelt hunters pursuing bears and lizards, Masonry and stoneworkers, Miners looking to make it rich in silver, lumberjacks and woodworkers.

- Rangers looking to sell their scouting services to people in the 99th but prefer the quiet pleasures of nature

- Clergy of El the Spritning looking to hitch a ride deeper with a ring crew

- A Cook looking to open up his own meat wagon selling bear meat and more

- Hermitous mountain men looking for good conversation away from the noise

- An aspiring Weapon Master seeking to Rocky 3 style train in the quiet wilderness

- A Monastic philosopher paying visit to converse when not listening to the clapping of the clouds

- Shady Banker looking to set up shop selling predatory loans to homesteaders.

- Ring Runners looking to cut their teeth on the Rings away from the politics and hastles of Ring 99

- Ring Runners looking to unburden themselves after a long journey

- Wizards hating nature and bemoaning how miserable life is with the 93rd Ring in its current state but needing help from adventurers

- A debtor of the Adamantine Vault looking to hide out under an assumed name surviving in harsh terrain selling bear pelts to make ends meet.

- A Paladin of the Moonspear Oath seeking a foothold to establish himself before moving back on Ring 99

- Ex-Weavers fleeing the Purge but not interested in joining House Velstra, suffering the indignities of a miserable, miserable time in the wilds

- Changelings who want to infiltrate and blow up the whole plan.

- A Gnome on the run having stolen Toyfolly Designs in daring industrial espionage seeking to evade bounty hunters while constructing wondrous tinkered devices.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips