AI for monsters is bugged.

Started by TheShadow, October 17, 2020, 02:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheShadow

So, I'm not sure when or how this works, but it's been a thing for awhile now. Creatures that should NOT be following stealth pc's suddenly lock on, run up to a pc, and follow them regardless of whether or not they are visisble. Not 'hearing', either.

I am current invisible with 41/38 hide and move silently, yet the instant I enter an area creatures of all factions run up to me and dog my character's tail. Currently, that's an Elite Blood hunter (possibly with spot / listen), and then a random pack of kobolds who should NOT have 20+ spot / listen, even if they could see through invisibility.

I know this has been a issue for months.

I am a druid in badger form, character name Dehkati, level 6. Underweald, Toad Stool forest.
Forever in the Shadows, yearning for the Light.

SamB123

It's actually an issue with the Bioware AI scripts, in that the vanilla AI scripts allow a monster to "cheat". These scripts are very basic and don't consider things like, "Did I roll spot/listen against the hiding PC?".

So, assuming that this is a similar thing... a few improvements from Tony K's AI System might be in order? https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/script/source-v108-inventory-system-battle-ai

VanillaPudding

I can confirm this as well on a higher stealth character. I've had everything from very low level creatures (bandit dweebs, vermin, etc) to higher level creatures sprint at me. They can do this from almost anywhere on the map within sight and will just follow you trying to make a spot check or something.

The two main problems is presents is that it gives away your location to other players (since they tend to be glued onto you) and that they begin to block you if it's more than one creature and force you to fight.

SN

I can confirm, this is very bad and almost makes stealth redundant for walking around areas, because of how pointless it gets (when you can just chug a vial and run through the area completely unseen and unnoticed)..