Bayezad of Hatun

Started by Nazey, November 17, 2020, 01:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nazey

Bayezad was born to the minor house of Hatun in the Burgage.  While studying in the Burgage colleges and grooming himself to take over his family's estate, the Hatun family fled 99 to escape their accruing and crushing debts, leaving Bayezad behind.  And so ill equipped, he began to blithely navigate the political climate of the Peerage.  He was a cunning and hale warrior, but also hopelessly driven by his hedonistic impulses and his desire to bring glory to his family name.

The character was created rather spontaneously after dying in the Halemont prelude, his personality mostly improvised off of the portrait.  It was fun for long enough that it stuck.  I had a good run, and as always, had the pleasure of interacting with and meeting many cool characters.

Halemont blue in the early days:
[hide]

[/hide]

With Mercer's death, he jumped to the next ladder to climb:
[hide]

[/hide]

And near the end, he became a veteran warrior more confident in his capabilities, and began throwing himself at danger in pursuit of prestige:
[hide]

[/hide]

And so he met his end vaingloriously, as many men of Hatun do.

Thanks to SFP and YMD for some really thematic loot that fit him perfectly:

[hide]

[/hide]

Thanks to the many players that made the character a blast to play.  See you on the next!

Sarah123

Aww I'm sad to see Hatun is gone. He will be missed. Well played and well done. Looking forward to seeing your next character.

RPG

I really liked Hatun. He was a pillar of cool in the Peerage that will be missed
That's my purse! I don't know you!

Richørd

Bayezad was always a surprisingly relaxed and laid back Retainer, especially for someone in House Orza.

And I had no idea he was such an old character! :O

Random_White_Guy

Was really fun paling around with him on Beauxregard, then a bit weird but hilarious on Songwood, and fun seeing him develop along the way.

Kickass job as always man.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

SamB123

Man, enjoyed him on Modares. Sad he's dead.  :(

Gordan

He was the living prove you can be a Orzan and not a jerk at the Same time.. well played

pitexikas123

Loved Hatun,  he lived longer than five of my characters combined. Halemont days were the best

Archivist

I love your PCs. Enjoyed our interactions very much. Bayezad helped keep the Peerage interesting at a time when there was otherwise little RP to go around. He will be missed. Thanks for making him!

Jubek

I did not really interact with him as Desir. The thing is, though, it was one of these situations when you meet someone quite often, kinda acknowledge each other from time to time. The two of them don't get to talk much, yet they both know they're becoming long-timers (by EFU's standards) and become familiar faces, and not, at the same time.

A recognized part of House Orza just went away. Congratulations on your roleplay, mate.

Flagon

I laughed my ass off when Zawisza had to entertain Hatun for 15 minutes in a bar, and Hatun immediately started drinking everything Silas could offer and then doing cocaine off a Golem's arm. Great dude.

MandyMank

I really enjoyed the times I got to play with Bayezad.  His ambition really came across while staying a very believable, relatable character. He will be missed in and out of characterly!

Anantashesha

We did not have many interactions, sadly.
There was a brief mention that he had a cowardly nature. I won't argue with that, but to me he seemed to be one of the most "human" pcs, because of how he reacted to the inevitable trip to Nothing and how he looked back at the gates of the Ward when the group been heading out. A small detail one would say. But exactly they help to understand character.