Eztli, Maztican Priest of Zaltec

Started by Zaltec, July 19, 2021, 09:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaltec

Wow- My first obituary.

Real quick nod to some of my past characters that I never gave an official goodbye to. [Solum, Boic Runemail, Ghestaldt Uld, Azeem al-Assad]

I have a terrible habit of retiring and moving on but this was my first character to break this mold and get a true death. I don't typically play many characters that take the front and center or get involved in much player conflict, I tried to break out of this shell with Eztli. I started him because I have a fascination in Mesoamerica and the continent of Maztica was always deeply interesting to me, a rarity as I usually avoid Awoken backstories. Big shout out to those who gave me a ton of memorable roleplay moments Tuar an Arthu, Wednesday Watkins, Malik, Aatish, Alezabaal, and many many more. Another shout out though specifically to the Misfits Francis Thistlegreen, Takondwa, and Edwin Lootvelt who were my first Ring running crew, thanks for dragging me throughout the Rings and throwing me into pvp!

Backstory and Motive: A Maztican warrior priest to the bloody god Zaltec who had survived and committed many atrocities during the Night of Wailing, Eztli was very familiar with dark magics and the ends justifying the means. This haunted him and was the reason he believed he was in the City of Rings, something I don't believe he ever said fully to anyone. He was very religious and believed this City was actually Mictlan, the many layered Underworld for the dishonored tonalli or spirits. It is said if you could reach end of the long journey across the many layers and reach King Mictlantecuhtli you could redeem yourself and rest with honor, something he believed till the end. It was also written that those tonalli who were stranded might find aid from a spirit called Xolotl, he believed this was Ser Lyon Moonspear for his connection to the center and was the reason he aided them in the resurgence of their House. In meeting with the knight and heir he was told to redeem himself, he took this literally, setting off to find something he knew would be the tool Moonspear required.

Now to the part I'm sure everyone cares about, loot and screenshots! Funny enough this was my first character to have more than one DM made items, everything else was standard drop. Never got to my goal of becoming a jaguar knight though...

Loot

[hide]
[/hide]

Screenshots
[hide]Contemplation on Ser Lyon's words...

First meeting at the Grey Keep with Castellan Indali and Nadine...

The first time I'd ever seen the fabled deep Ring fortress...

A fight with an incredibly dangerous foe to protect those he needed and called friend...

Goofy shenanigans with the Misfits...

[/hide]

In the end this was easily the most fun experience I've had on EFU so far, the Ring running and pvp were far more fun than I had realized! Going to miss this goofy priest but I'm incredibly happy to have stuck with this character for so long and has given me the courage to jump into more ambitious things in the future!

Poolson

"Where you from?"

"Maztica, a distant homeland I remember fondly."

"Really? I heard about that place! I'm from Amn- I remember the Helmites that wanted to put the people of that island in chains. Isn't that just fucked up?"

[Laser eyes.]

lmao.

We had a good time together, the times we chit-chatted while I played Camila.

Eztii ruled.

Random_White_Guy

It's always so dope to see people fleshing out that mix of pre-COR and awoken vibes into something truly unique.

Best of luck on the next one!
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Loops

cool PC look forward to meeting the next one

Cat

I love seeing your backstory and thought of how you interpreted how being awoken in the city was.

merrychase

Eztli was so much fun to play with. He really came to life, and his backstory and vibe was so undeniably cool.

Also, this side-eye:

VanillaPudding

the_account

Nice PC. Great flavor and interactions. Cheers.

Slithy Tove

Eztli was super cool, and I enjoyed the arc we were only beginning to explore together. I look forward to your next!

Also, I particularly like it when a cleric takes an entire mythology and pantheon and theological vibe seriously, so major kudos for that.

Quarterdragon

Eztli was a great companion for those last two weeks!  I enjoyed his contributions to the group dynamic, which amusingly was perfect for somebody who is unfazed by human sacrifice during those last couple weeks.

Pandip

Really fun and immersive character, even if I only got to hang out with him for a couple weeks there - was glad to have him as part of the crew.