🐍 The Poindexter Twins & Harh 🐍

Started by mazzz, August 19, 2021, 09:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mazzz

The conniving little shit himself, Mr. self-proclaimed "Super Lieutenant"

Playing Redjacks was some of the most fun I have ever had RPing in any platform. It was a wild, short ride. Just as dr. homie md and I planned it to be -- a candle. We'd burn bright, but go out just as quick. Lasting a total 12 days and a complete and utter lack of any sort of genuine questing made us permanent residents of the levels 5, 6, and 7. Never have I ever reached level 8 on Gilbert, but if I did, I was planning on taking Thug. It was a magical group of goons. Harh, the Poindexters, and our "Fall Guy" Bonechilds, that we blamed absolutely anything and everything on. We fought with level 9 and 10 PCs that are fully supplied when I only had 1 APR, and Rodrick barely enough spells to even buff himself.  I think I held level seven for a lofty few minutes, before descending back unto the pits of 6, forever to raze the Weald's wolves with my tremendous nerd-rage power.

But level, gear, and all that sort of stuff didn't matter an inch. It was all about the wackiness of our hijinks, and the amazing group dynamic we had. Watching Harh beat up Bonechilds for calling him fat, or bawl his eyes out because Gilbert won a die roll for an item he wanted was supremely the best. Seeing us argue constantly over both who's the superior Poindexter and who truly holds the highest rank was incredible. Playing as an 8 CHA runt of a rogue who's very existence disgusted the very air around him with high Bluff alongside the dumbest barbarian alive also with high bluff, and a smooth talker narcissist with, you guessed it, high bluff was a glorious combination to a most vile experience (in a good way).

It was a fun and unique style of play, where we made our groat and fortune through the hard work of our peerless citizens. Never the type to make a single coin out of a merchant's stall or a quest train, the Redjacks made a fortune and still donated a heaping total of 10,000 groats to the Drill's Restoration Fund. Despite that, Gilbert's high pickpocket and bluff skill combined allowed us to stash away our treasures, hidden from the eyes of the treacherous Examine Mark tool, and we paid off 2000 while exploiting our comrades-in-arms, Bonechilds and Adhira. We were scum of the highest caliber, and we died as scum would, though that's for you to find out the circumstances of.

Special, special thanks to Kaedweni Knight (Harh), dr homie md (Rodrick), Legebril (Adhavi), the player of Bonechilds (Didn't catch your Discord name, sorry!), "The Boss" (The Copper-Faced Knave), the kindly citizens of the Ward who put up with our crap (and the ones that resisted fiercely), and to all the DMs that put up with our crap and played along with it. Bearic, thank you very much for the DM EXP when we did that shakedown in the magic shop (we desperately needed it), and special thanks to BOM for immortalizing us hyenas in a secret way! There's many more I missed, and I thank you all.

A few of our wacky hijinks:

[hide]
Our attempt to tax an NPC chair maker:

The time we extorted Farmer Dan for groat:

When Harh the Genius went to make amends with the "Queenant of Willogrove" by attempting to gift her a meat pie:

The time I asked a nameless NPC was his name was, and got a response:

Rodrick's new innovative arena fighting style:

Our way of "Giving back to the community". Donating piles of 1, 5, and 10 groat pouches alongside rubbish items and a scarce few good potions, all the while forcing people to pick it up:

And my favorite moment of all, the time The Z Team decided that now, they were "THE BOSS":

[/hide]

My one and only piece of DM loot, a special ring that made Gilbert immune to Rodrick's favorite way of winning arguments -- Hold Person. With this, he truly ascended to be the "Primary Poindexter". Special thanks to BOM for the incredible ring!

[hide][/hide]

Gilbert's Character Sheet, without anything equipped at all:

[hide]
[/hide]

Dredi

Les Abysses

Random_White_Guy

Being found by you guys on Akesh sent a trajectory that wasn't at all expected.

Absolute blast to see you try to shake down the naked ass slave in shackles, then being all "FINE BUT WE'RE TAKING CREDIT" to Cyrus lol.

Really made the scummy vibe of the Jacks shine through.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

KaedweniKnight

the menace of EFU main for ten days

if you ever want yourself promoted in the redjacks, you call yourself a Super Sergeant or Super Lieutenant, and may the pieces fall where they may. Or, you are incharge of a "special taskforce"

crestfallen

Cat

Sadly never got to see you in action beyond sendings and shouts, but it was always amusing to see the antics from afar.

BlaDed_Cloud

Absolutely loved the twins and the small interaction I had with them